cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

christy3

August 23rd - My Quit

Hello to all - New to the group today...I joined the site back in May and relapsed after a few weeks...funny, I don't even remember why now! My longest quit was December 2004 through August 2007. Stress took control of my life and I have been struggling since then... I have a new quit date of Saturday, August 23rd.

I lost several family members to heart disease. Being 38, I owe it to myself and my family to be there...all there. I watched my grandparents slowly die...a terrible death.

This quit will be a hard task...but I am up for it! As my teenage daughter says..."I'm over it"! 🙂
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
looneylacy

Hi I set a date of the 20th mabey we can help eachother!
0 Kudos
christy3

Absolutely! I am going to need all the help I can get! 🙂

I read your other post about going out to eat with your friend....I am going to use nicotine gum this go around. I used it when I quit back in 2004. I used the gum for approx 2 months then...I started smoking again mid-August 2007. It worked for me before and I am hoping it will work for me now!

Good luck tonight 🙂
0 Kudos
jennie3

Hi Christy Welcome
0 Kudos
missy8

you can do it! today is the first day of feeling better than ever before cuz you will be without the nasty cigs! stay positive and whenever you feel you're in a tough spot jump in and get in contact with any of us on here and we will support you any way we can! great job, you're doing the right thing!

Good Luck!
Awesome Free Graphics and Myspace Layouts at pYzam.com

0 Kudos
greg14

o

Congrats
Click here for more Graphics, Funny Pics, and Myspace layouts at pYzam!

on your quit . It is tough , but know that you will go back on track and make this quit even better then the one before. You know how tough it is to quit smoking and have the power and knowledge to do it this time even better !! Good luck and remeber you are not alone
0 Kudos