cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

cartel

Hard times, Hard times

On day 3 & this is HARD AS HELL.....man.......but i'm fighting this time around. My mind is ready to quit but my habits are making it very hard. I hope Hard Times are not here to stay. I really need some friends, some support this time around. Hope u r out there.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
rob4

You can do it! I was a smoker for 21 years and quit 3 months ago. I will not lie, it will be rough, but will get better...I promise. Be aware of your triggers! If there are places in your home where you did not smoke, hang out there instead of the places you did smoke. If you sat in the same chair, switch to another chair. Stop haning out with people who smoke for a while, this will stop the urge.

Google diseased lungs, stories about emphysema, and what cigerettes are made out of. Also, google what to expect when you quit smoking. Knowing the sympotoms will help you defend yourself when you get urges. Last, talk talk talk. Talk to people when you are having an urge. Talk about what your feeling, and what you are going through at the particular moment. Always know that the urge will pass. Sometimes quickly, and sometimes 2 hours. Still, always keep in mind they will pass. It will get easier.

Good Luck!
0 Kudos
robin

Great start, keep going, this is day one, for me and i am coming with a new enery for commitment, any advice will help me reach the 3 day mark
0 Kudos