cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

onelasttime

Fear

Does anyone have the fear they will smoke again?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
eddieg121

F.E.A.R.  FUTURE EVENTS APPEARING REAL.  I can't see into the future I don't have the fear that I will smoke again. today I know that I don't want to smoke again. As of this moment I have not smoked in 34 days . It seems that with each day the desire to smoke dissipates. I say don't concertrate on F.E.A.R.  But focus on journey of QUIT. GOOD LUCK. 

0 Kudos
eddieg121

IT DREAMS TOO!  I woke up to a beautiful Sunday morning.  Feeling good not to much to think about , no work today just me and the family,A big breakfast  of bacon, eggs and grits. And my weekly cup of coffee, Yes I have  reduced my coffee intake drasticly. So while I'm sipping on my coffee, the doorbell in my mind rings, I answered the door It was a dream that I had last night, I  dreamt that I had smoked a cigarette, I don't know where I was or when It was, But the coffee triggered a  a dream that I had not remembered > " not much to think about"  My addiction  paid me a visit in the form of a dream , Like any addiction it never stops working,  It says hello stranger after not smoking in so many days smoiking is a stranger, Because I don't know or have the desire to smoke again. This is the MENTAL part of the quit, after forty days the PHYSICAL cravings are gone. and the thought of smoking is gone , but the addiction ??? TO BE CONTINUED.  NOW I am still having fun on this great journey of QUIT  I refuse to let one Nightmarish thought oh yeah NIGHTMARISH dream ruin my QUIT I'm not cocky I'm just not going to smoke today. Me and the boys are going to the REDS game and I will continue to have fun. GOOD LUCK TO US ALL.

0 Kudos
eddieg121

DAY FIFTY FOUR CLOSE THE DOOR!  As I close in on 60 days of being smoke free.I am prepared to be free from nicotine,also. I have been wearing the patch since March second, Eight weeks to complete the therapy, and I must say if you are having a problem with QUITTING I  suggest  Using an NRT. Be it gum or the patch. I used the patch  it has helped me tremendously.  As I close the door on this part of the journey another door opens, Only this is a journey I willingly take. It requires all of my confidence that I can successfully continue to QUIT without  NICOTINE.. I  know  this will be the longest road to hoe this will be a journey for life that shall never end.  I will do whatever it takes to stay an EX. I will be chewing a lot of gum, SUGARLESS,   I will eat healthy , keep my weight down. I will exercise more .  You have just heard my version of closing the DOOR! GOOD LUCK TO US ALL.

0 Kudos
eddieg121

DAY SIXTY ONE        I'm really well rested. Say that three times fast and you become Elmer Fud. Say it really well rested. Enough of the tongue twisting. I have become a talker and a chewer of Gum SUGARLESS. I have learned a lot about myself in SIXTY ONE DAYS. The need to express myself to let go the thoughts that I cannot express here. I need to talk out loud, be heard . I went to a place today where I could do just that.. To be successful in QUITTING I must have support outside of this forum. I will talk to anyone who will listen to me about my current situation, That is being smoke free and nicotine free. support is needed. Chewing a lot of gum SUGARLESS. Talking  a lot it's nothing new it's what humans do we adapt! It's time to talk to someone who has something in common with me. QUITTING. GOOD LUCK TO US ALL.

0 Kudos
eddieg121

DAY 69  

It was another great day for me, I can't complain about a thing. the sun was shinning and I did'nt smoke today. I just had a day filled with work and gum chewing ,  I had no urge to light up.  I read the blogs and there are a lot of us suffering with the QUIT. What better place to learn about this addiction then here on this site.PLEASE  come here post your thoughts and get answers to the questions we all have about QUITTING. BUT I realized that it is called the EX PLAN I followed this plan step by step and amazingly I have made it to sixty nine days. suffer no more DO THE EX PLAN step by step and CHEW gum SUGARLESS. GOOD LUCK TO US ALL.

0 Kudos
eddieg121

DAY 84 RELAPSE IS REALITY NOT A REQUIREMENT!

May 25, 2010 by eddieg121   Comments (0)

There are those unfortunate individuals who will smoke again,  it's not that they don't get it. they simply are not ready to QUIT. And these are the individuals who need our help the most. We can't be  caught up in our own smoke free world. where we forget that we once struggled and maybe decided to QUIT but we fought our way through  the smoke. We are all just a puff away from relapse. Lets be informative to the person who ADMITTED that he or she smoked.  Tell them how you QUIT and how you are maintaining your smoke free life.  Remember It's not how many days you got but how far you have come.  CHEW  GUM SUGARLESS. GOD BLESS US ALL.

0 Kudos
eddieg121

eddieg121

Friends

Friends of

DAY 88 IT'S OK!

May 29, 2010 by eddieg121   Comments (0)

Actually Everything is going great., I can't believe How far I have come in such a short time.  I am truly enjoying the journey of a lifetime, It's ok to have fun along the way. Yesterday I was a bit  uneasy,, Because I am experiencing my first national holiday smoke free.  It's ok  I'm fine and living well and smoke free. Everything i was going through was due to my addiction to nicotine. My mind was telling me it's ok  you can do this. And it was and still is ok. I thought something had to go wrong, Because things are going so right., So I'm going to continue to do what I do best. CHEW GUM SUGARLESS,, Come here for feedback, and continue on my journey. GOOD LUCK TO US ALL..

0 Kudos
eddieg121

eddieg121

Friends

Friends of

DAY 89 YIELD NOT TO TEMPTATIONS.

May 30, 2010 by eddieg121   Comments (0)

It's easy to say that. But unless we are spiritually fit we will give into the triggers and the urges to light up. As we all travel a different road on the journey of QUIT, I say a prayer daily , I know that there is a higer power helping me to maintain a smoke free life. For I could not do this alone, So I ask GOD to help keep me smoke free. Praying is a strong tool in any jouirney to the road of recovery. So I know that some of the triggers to lead me back to smoking are PEOPLE PLACES AND THINGS. I don't go out when the rest of my co-workers go on break to smoike. I have no reason to be out there at that perticular time. See people and places,  Why put my self in harms way?  I want my QUIT to be as painless as possible. I will be damned if I bring the pain and struggles of addiction back into my life because I smelled a cigarette! When I was younger I actually began to smoke because it looked KOOL! Smoking is no longer glamorous It dangerous. If I find myself wanting to smoke, I say a prayer and CHEW GUM SUGARLESS, and drink a nice cool drink of water. Remember H.A.L.T when we are HUNGRY. ANGRY.LONELY.TIRED. this is the time that we are most likely to give into temptations. Stay strong I will pray for you too. GOD BLESS US ALL WITH ANOTHER DAY SMOKE FREE JUST FOR TODAY

0 Kudos
eddieg121

kindness and understanding it helps alot of us weaklings to get through!  Hugs   : )

eddieg121

Friends

Friends of

DAY 98 THE REWARD

June 8, 2010 by eddieg121   Comments (3)

I went shopping today. Back in april as I was completing my PATCH therapy,   It was suggested to me by the EXplan to rerward myself for not smoking., Well today I went and got a ring I had put in layaway on April 3rd. Exactly one month after my Quit date which was March 2nd.  It feels real good to be able to reward yourself for an accomplishment which is very difficult .  I feel good about my QUIT, and I am proud of what I have acheived. Now I had to work to get this ring , It took 65 days to get this ring, It will take me a lifetime to to complete my journey of QUITTING. My first and my last reward. So If you are reading this treat yourself to something good.  Because we all have worked hard to QUIT and maintain our QUIT .  I chose to buy a ring than cigarettes.   In my lifetime of smoking  I smoked a down payment to a home LOL.  GOD BLESS US ALL WITH ANOTHER SMOKE FREE DAY!

Edit   Delete

0 Kudos