cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ncolwell

Is anyone still here?

I'm writing this post because I just searched ecigs on this site and it brought me to this group. I don't see much activity here, so I wanted to see if there are any lurkers out there who need an ecig quitting buddy.

This is my last attempt before I leave this site all together. If you read my latest blog post from today, you'll understand my frustration once you get to the comments. I was feeling so good this morning about my triumphs over cigarettes, and how it's been almost 48 hours since I smoked a real cigarette. People just don't get it. People said that I'm "not ready to quit" and that I needed to educate myself. It made me angry.

I'm a secret smoker, so the fact that I've been able to go two days (two regular days when I normally would be smoking like a chimney) without a cig is amazing. Yes, I'm using the ecig. But my plan is to decrease the amount of nicotine I get so that I can eventually quit all together. In my mind, it's no different than other NRT's. The FDA regulation (or lack thereof) means nothing to me. The FDA regulates stuff all day long that end up with lawsuits against pharmaceutical companies years later. They are not credible, and I don't care if they haven't regulated my ecigs. It's probably better that they don't, actually.

Anyhow, I'm rambling. Is anyone else out there? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ralph1955

I quit smoking on July 15th using the patch. I was doing great until I missed the routine of holding a cigarette and seeing the smoke. I got a Vape and that’s helping me a lot. Since I’m using the patch I was told to use only 3% nicotine and now I’m headed to Day 12. 

0 Kudos