cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

dee18

LOVE HATE RELATIONSHIP WITH THESE NASTY THINGS

HI MY NAME IS DEE AND I'M QUITING JAN 31ST.IM AFRAID I HAVE TRIED SO MANY TIMES BEFORE ANY HELP FOR ME IS VERY WELCOME. CIGS ARE A FRIEND AND HAVE ALWAYS BEEN THERE FOR ME I'M SAD FOR LOSING THEM. I HAVE SMOKED 3O YEARS AND HAVING PVC'S THAT SCARE ME SO NOW IS THE TIME
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
dee18

THAnKS THATS WHAT I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO GO THROUGH I WORRY EVERYTIME I LITE UP PLEASE PRAY FOR ME
0 Kudos
edith2

I didn't think I would quit, ever. I didn't want to think of dragging around an oxygen tank. My kids nagged me for years and I still smoked. I had no desire to quit. I finally prayed for the desire, even though I'm not a religious person. Two weeks later, I bought a box of lozenges and began my quit spur-of-the-moment. I was scared to death. It was one of the best decisions I ever made. I feel better physically, I don't stink, and I feel better about myself and my accomplishment to quit. I want to share with as many people as I can how great it feels in hopes they'll get that freedom too. I'm grateful every day that I don't have to drag around a oxygen tank!!
0 Kudos
pam18

Hi Dee! i haven't quit yet either but i believe it's something that just hasn't happened yet. Unfortunately cig. are my god, i hate/love them.
0 Kudos

Hi Dee (that is my mom's name) and I have also set a quit date for Jan.31. I have tried and set many dates, but, always cave! I so want to do this. I feel the same about cigs and I have very few friends, and often trying to quit makes me feel as though I have none. I struggle until I finally cave and then try to convince myself that I am ok with it and ok with not quitting. I am not ok with it and REALLY want to quit. Good luck to you on this journey!
0 Kudos