cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

cris3

When you Quit Chantix...

I am sure this question has been asked a million times but here goes... When you quit Chantix is it like going back to day 1? I have 1 month left on Chantix and my fear is that my withdrawals will start again.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
jadensnana

For me, the answer is no, it's not like going back to day 1.
I didn't notice any difference.
One just has to stay strong in their quit.

Each person,I suspect,will have individual accounts.
0 Kudos
lynne4

I have been off of it since Friday and so far so good....still don't want to smoke and no withdrawls.
0 Kudos
noyb

As Jaden's Nana said, I believe that each person will react in their own way. But no, I do not believe - in any way - that you would even come close to going back to a Day 1 situation. I ended my "90 day" session with Champix (as we call it in Canada) yesterday, after lowering my dose to 1 - 1mg pill a day for a week or so. That wasn't prescribed, but my doctor said that as long as I was feeling OK, go for it.

Since there is no nicotine or "addictive" substances in Chantix, there is no chance of withdrawals. Ah, but then, read around the internet. There you'll see the horror stories of being on and getting off Champix. It'll make for fun reading, especially knowing that YOU are bigger and better and stronger than those folks.

Believe in yourself and what you are doing. The rest just gets easier.
0 Kudos
spunkie

So glad you are getting answers to this question I too would like to hear from everyone who has quit it does make you afraid that quitting will cause you to smoke.
0 Kudos
kristen14

I was kinda worried about the same thing but the pill also makes me sick to my stomach worse in the morning than at night even if I eat right before and stuff so about 2 weeks ago I cut down to 1 pill at night and today I start ONLY a Half pill at night, in 2 weeks I hope to be done totally. So I think that it is what you set your mind to be, at the end of your perscription do you want to be a non smoker? My anser is YES PLEASE! so I will not even look back!
0 Kudos
cris3

Thank you for all the information. It makes me feel a lot better knowing I will not be going back to day 1 withdrawls...
0 Kudos