bobbie-christenson

COPD, FRIGHTENING BUT CAN BE MANAGEABLE

Discussion created by bobbie-christenson on Oct 7, 2008
Latest reply on Oct 9, 2008 by luvsroses_barb
DID YOU EVER THINK WHEN DIAGNOSED WITH COPD IT COULD BE THIS SERIOUS, I AM SCARED TO DEATH BUT WAS not 5 YEARS AGO WHEN THEY SAID I HAVE ASTHMA AND EMPHYSEMEA, I JUST COULDN'T GET MY MIND AROUND THE BIG E WORK SINCE I HAD ARDS ACUTE RESPITORY DISTRESS SYNDROME AND WAS ON LIFE SUPPORT FOR 26 DAYS I BLAMED IT ON THAT "DENIAL" BIG TIME- SMOKING GAVE ME THE "E" WORD AND ARDS DIDN'T HELP IT ANY BECAUSE THE DOCTOR EXPLAINED WHEN THE PUT ME ON 100% OXYGEN THEY COULD not AREATE ALL MY LUNGS SO THAT KILLED MORE AVELIOI THE LITTLE HAIRS THAT KEEP OUR LUNGS CLEAN, SO I AM A DOUBLE DIPPER SMOKING AND ARDS, HOW DO I GET RID IF THIS FEAR I HAVE NEVER BEEN FRIGTENED BEFORE NOW WHAT HAS CHANGED DID I FINALLY COME OUT OF DENIAL AFTER 5 YEARS AND REALIZE COPD IS TWO OF THREE THING CHRONIC BRONCHITIS, ASTHMA AND EMPHYSENEA, WHAT PART OF THAT DID I NOT GET WAS I IN A DREAM WORLD, WELL I AM AWAKE NOW AND I HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF IT AND NOT SMOKING IS THE FIRST STEP AND EXCERCING IS SECOND, I GOT TO PAY ATTENTION TO THE BODY I WENT TO A ENT GUY YESETERDAY AND HE LOOKED IN MY THROAT AND IT IS THRASHED FROM BEING INTUBATED FOR SO LONG SO I HAVE THROAT PROBALEMS ALSO, I AM NOT WHINING JUST FACING UP TO REALITY 'finally" thanks you all for being here i couldn't do this or have these thoughts with you guys you give me hope faith and i know i will make it thanks you all so much bobbie

Outcomes