cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

me_2

about our children

i'll start my oldest is 17 her name is jessi lynn she lives with my ex-wife the middle child she is 8 and her name is charisma rose and boy does she live up to her name last but far from least daddy's boy chance michael who is 7 and just like his daddy so feel free to talk about your children or almost anything else here (he-he) we all have a great reason for wanting this so lets share it

well thats all for now
Mike
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Sandi4

Hi All: I am quitting on June 28th, my daughter's 5th birthday. Her name is Alee and she is the joy of my life. She went to spend the summer with my parents (the first time we've been apart for more than 5 days) and she cried for me every day for the first 2 weeks.

That started me thinking about how hurt she'd be if I got sick from smoking and died. I can't bear to think of her crying for me and not being able to pick up a phone and hear my voice. Since I'm going to NY to spend her birthday with her I think the best gift I can give her this year is a smoke free Mom. I want to be here for all the milestones in her life and becoming an EX is the first step in fulfilling that dream.
0 Kudos
fiveblessings

Hi Mike! I guess everyone can tell by my screen name that I am all about my five blessings! LOL

*Oldest son Chase is 20 and in the midst of applying to become a Navy SEAL, which of course makes me proud but also nervous. He is a charmer and my little girls adore him. He has been through some really tough times --many a sleepless night for me- and I am very pleased that he has been able to pull himself up and move forward with his aspirations. He lives with his paternal grandparents nearby and has a fragile peace with my ex-husband, his dad.

*Second born is my son Christopher who is going to be 18 (??!!) in October. When my ex and I split Christopher and I were on our own because Chase went to live with my ex in Alaska when he was 8. So he and I are especially close. Chris is a leader, secure in himself, confident, and focused. He is living with some friends of his just North of me because when his dad moved from where they were shortly after he tried to move in and stay with him, he didn't want to leave his high school. It was hard for me to deal with at first but he is getting good grades, has a part time job that he enjoys, has a lovely girlfriend and friends, and is a star tenor in the honors chorus. I am very proud of him...he has never given me a minutes worry...he has earned my trust and I am happy to see the young man he is becoming.

* Laura is my now husband's firstborn and my first daughter. What a lovely little girl she is! She is smart as a whip, beautiful, and kind. I can't wait to see the young lady she is too quickly becoming. She is gentle and quiet and brings me such happiness.

*Julia is my middle girl. She is the only one born a brunette and I worried that being in Laura's shadow would be hard for her. Turns out this kid is just fine with who she is! She is funny, giggly, cuddly, and probably my most photogenic one. She is not as quick at school as her sister, but she's working very hard and will be in first grade this fall. She is the child that wakes up singing each morning. She is joyful.

*Emma is the baby. Emma is one tough cookie! She is loud and demanding and too smart for (my) own good! She is 3 and refuses to potty train, gets very vocal when left out of her older sisters' games, and has a stunning stubborn streak. BUT! She is also the one that will come curl up in my lap, touch my face, and whisper, "Mommy, I love you." She is only 3, after all. I think people expect her to act older than she is because she's so vocal and smart and so I try very hard to encourage her to be 3! In no time she'll be 13 and I will mourn the passing of this stage, our last baby growing up too fast.

They are all such unique individuals and shine like diamonds cast onto a river of black velvet , their brightness almost too much to look at. They are the reason I quit...because I don't want ot miss a thing!
0 Kudos
me_2

Hey all sorry i have been gone so long but im here with great news.... I have been smoke free for over a month and i feel great.... let me tell you all something i did not think i could quit my almost two pack a day habitbut with the support of my family and church and also the shared drive we all have here..... it was no sweat i put them down on my quit date and walked away never looking back... i hope this might inspire even one of you to achieve this goal i hope all of you but i would settle for helping one person.... i smoked for almost 20 years and was able to quit no patches, pills, gums, or anything just good old determination and alot of support... everytime you want to smoke just look at your kids if you are at work carry a picture of them to look at instead of smoking just think how much they would hurt losing you..... good luck to all of you and ill post from time to time to check on all of my new found supporters and new found friends............

until next time
Mike
0 Kudos