cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

travis2

Confused... (not uncommon for me)... Seeking advice, suggestions, support.

Hi... I set my quit date for today a few weeks back. Unfortunately, until this morning, I had never visited this site...

I am a little confused that on the "planning" section, it tells me that I am NOT ready to set a quit date even though I got up this morning and ceremoniously slapped my first patch on to hopefully go through day one smoke free...

I am a nursing student and I am on spring break from school. My days are a bit more flexible this week and many common "triggers" are out of my routine. I have 3 days this week at the hospital so the environment IS conducive to NOT smoking...

Even though the site is telling me to set a date in a couple of weeks, I think I'd like to at least try to start today... as planned...

Have others faced this? Is there a path through the site / planning that is supportive of this situation that I'm not seeing?

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

Travis

PS.... I've been smoking the newer "72s" (very short cigs) for a few months now and though I haven't cut the numbers as much as I'd hoped, I have been successful at throwing them away quickly after lighting them... (i.e. limiting my nicotine intake).
0 Kudos
0 Replies