cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

donna52

Smokers cough

I dont live with my folks but I tend to sleep over there house a few times a week. I said to my dad yesterday .." hey, I havent woke up coughing since I quit smoking" he replied "woke up coughing? You used to cough all night long during your sleep and wake me up all the time...I havent heard you cough once during the night since you quit" I always said smoking hadnt really affected me, but it did, even though I wasnt aware of it, other

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Sylvia_Deitz

Donna... that is so true! It only took a few days after I quit before I quit coughing. Every morning I would keep hacking until I got all the junk up, then off and on throughout the day. I rarely ever cough anymore. We cough to try to rid our body of the bad stuff that's not compatible with it. As the old saying goes, "If God wanted people to smoke, He would have made smoke stacks coming out of our heads." You're doing great, Hon! Keep up what you're doing because it's working!
donna52

Hi Sylvia,

Thanks for the support and encouraging words and thoughts 🙂
Rsuter

You know now that you mention it.. I woke myself up coughing quite a bit and it's only been 5 days for me but ya I haven't woke myself up coughing.. maybe snoring lol 

0 Kudos
avian3

The first full day after I quit I didn't cough and haven't since, unless I'm choking on popcorn, rice or red pepper flakes.

While I smoked I would get up every morning and cough to clear the phlegm. Usually by noon it would be gone.

0 Kudos