cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

renata4

new

Hi, my name is Renata and I am new to EX. I have not yet quit smoking but I am working on it. Today I have only had 2. I want to quit for myself, a job but mostly for my family. I am hoping to be able to make some friends. I have never done the support group thing before. I have quit smoking 4 other times 3 of which was for almost a year because I was pregnate. I did all 4 times cold turkey. The 4th time was for my ex-boyfriend. This is my 5th time and final time of quiting. I have noticed though each time it does get easier to quit. I am a mother of 3 birth children and a 4th teenager who has adopted me and my boyfriend as mom and dad. I am in school to become a dental assistant. I don't know what else to say but here's to the healthy rest of our lives.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Susan57

You have lots in your life, good things, to stop smoking for. How are you doing now Renata?

I quit Sept 1st 2009, cold turkey, and not have smoked since.

Cheers, Sue

0 Kudos
renata4

Hi Susan. I am doing great. I am on day 8 for what this site says but I actually had my last cigg 9 days ago. I have had some rough moments though. the first few days I was getting sick and couldn't sleep. Now I am not getting sick but am having nightmares. Bad nightmares. But I am just taking it one craving (its not even a craving anymore) one habit at a time. I have candy where my pack use to be. And when I find myself reaching for a cigg there is candy instead and I am like oh Yeah. OHHH YUMMY CANDY. I love sweets. It was not a hard substitutuion for me. For me I think cold turkey is the easiest way to do it. You get it out of your system and you are done.

Thank you,

Renata

0 Kudos
aprilk

hello i am new here my quit date is october 29th and i am quitting cold turkey

0 Kudos