cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

melissa9

Melissa's Story

There are lots of reasons from I am just sick of it to it cost to much. But the main reasons I decided to quit is my 2 girls. My youngest was sitting on the couch with me one day and she looked at me ( I was smoking a cig) and she siad "Momma when I get big I am going to smoke just like you." That was a cut to my heart. NO she can't smoke. So I knew if I didn't want her to start I needed to stop. So I asked her if I try my best to stop do you promise not to start? SHe said Yes. So I tried and did stop. I know I can't hold her to that promise. She is only 10. My daddy told me I promised him when I was little that I would never smoke. But I am hoping since I quit she will decide not to start. I don't want my girls to deal with that nasty habit like I did. I so wish I would of never started but I did. Now I am fighting the get rid of that NIC DEMON. But I will win.
2 Replies
doreen1

Thank you for sharing your story, Melissa. Out of the mouths of babes, right? Children do learn what they live. But, you are right in that they will make their own choices when they get older, too. All we can do is set the best example for them that we can and pray for the best. At least YOU will be healthier in the meantime and by the sounds of it, your girls, too as they won't be breathing in that second hand smoke anymore. Congratulations on your decision to become an Ex. Keep up the good work.

Photobucket
0 Kudos
doreen1

Just wanting to Photobucket some of these older stories back up to the top
0 Kudos