cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

nathan3

Is it the no smoking or the chantix?

I am on day 3 smoke free and day 9 on the chantix. After yesterday I believe if I could make it through one of the toughest days of my life and not smoke oh yeah I can do this! But I have also not been able to sleep at night. I am tired and I want to but just toss and turn. ultamately getting about 2-3 hours of sleep. I was wondering if anyone might know if it is because of the lack of nicotine or the chantix? If anyone could help it would be very great!
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
sally3

Hi Nathan,
I think it is a combination of both. After about 2-3 weeks I started sleeping really good and also not having wierd dreams. I'm also on Chantix. I quit smoking Jan. 9th. Hang in there!!!!! Congrats!
0 Kudos
Charmed

I had that problem when i was on the chantix.....I took tylenol PM every night until I got off the chantix. Which was 2 months.
0 Kudos
miriam3

It is a combination of both and you will go through many more changes. Just remember this, all these side effects and changes are temporary and all toward working for an objective: being smoke free!!!! Today I have not smoked 8,000 death sticks.
0 Kudos
sally3

Hi again Nathan, one of my friends here was having the same trouble and talked to her dr. today. He told her to take her evening pill around 4:00 pm. (make sure you take with food) and then take a Tylenol pm at night. Good luck!!!!! We're here for you!
0 Kudos
nathan3

Thank you very much for you help! It is really cool to got to meet people like you on this site. Alot of people around where I live just think yaeh you quit you will be back. This site and people like you are helping so much easier then the other times I quit. Thanks again for your effort and support. I hope I can be such a help someday!
Nathan
0 Kudos
claudia2

Nathan, I am not a good one to answer your question because I only get about 3 hours of sleep each night. I have. But I can tell you that during that three hours I have the most vivid dreams ever.
The other night I had one that my granddaughter was giving me a book to read and I actually found myself sitting up in bed reaching for it.

Could be the Chantix. Have you read the patient information??? You might want to call your pharmacy and ask someone there.
0 Kudos
_c_

Yep, Chantix! I found it helpful to cut down from 2 pills a day to 1 - slept much better and not as many weird dreams.
0 Kudos
lynda4

When I tried to quit before without Chantix I could not sleep for 3 days straight and ended up running my car off the road after finally falling asleep at the wheel. But since taking Chantix I can sleep well and it hasn't been nearly as difficult to quit. So I would recommend you keep at it - I do have vivid dreams but they're not freaky! And at least I'm sleeping long enough to have dreams now.
0 Kudos
betty10

I tried Chantix and found I couldn't sleep and when I did had the most disturbing dreams. I was exhausted! Have you tried Zyban?
0 Kudos