cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

melissa9

2 months free of the demon

If you would of asked me a yr ago if I would quit smoking I would of told ya Yes when I am dead. That Nicodemon had a tight hold on me then.But I am free now. Freedom is so wonderful. To those of you that are just starting out. I know it is hard but believe me it is so worth it.I have so much more energy now.Everything in my life is going so good.It is like cigs cause bad things to happen. My hubby and I hardly ever argue now. Use to it would take an hour to decide where we were going to eat cause we didn't want to upset the other one and it had to be a place we could still smoke at or a place that they would hurry up and bring the food no long waits.I always said I smoked cause of stress. Well the stress isn't gone I have a teenager now. But I don't smoke and don't want too. I don't feel stressed like I did back then. Guess maybe cigs bring you stress. I am not a doctor so I don't know. I just know what I feel and I feel great now. Smoke free is awesome. So don't let any excuses get in the way of you and your quit. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
doreen1

TWO MONTHS SMOKE FREE - WAY TO GO, MELISSA!!
Photobucket...Photobucket
Photobucket
0 Kudos
nancy-c

Melissa --

Way to go!! I love your positive attitude and thanks so much for sharing all the positives with those of us who are still counting weeks...

Your story is a great inspiration!!

Nancy C
0 Kudos
betsy3

Webfetti.com

0 Kudos
carlie

Melissa...Congrats on 2 months....sorry I'm late !!! You have a great quit going - you can see the benifits of not smoking SO clearly !!! I believe THAT'S the key to the "forever" quit...enjoy your freedom....you earned it !!!!
0 Kudos
judy9

Hey Melissa, Way to go girl ! ! I'm SO PROUD of you ! ! You are right,Life is awesome with-OUT smokes. It just takes some time to readjust. But it is do-able, and you are proof of that. I remember when I first quit I didn't want to go anywere there might be someone smoking around me. I thought they still smelled good. But now it doesn't bother me to be around another smoker. In fact it almost makes me sick to smell them. And I thank god every day for finally giving me the streighth to let them go.After 30 years of such an addition, I still can't believe I've gone 8 months without them. With just 3 slips. One was my regular brand(menthol) and the other 2 came from bumming them. Atleast I never went and bought a pack.(Thank God) Menthol was my biggest addition,but with the help of the patch and peppermints to suck on, I got over them. Now I realize that if a person feels like they have to smoke just to fit in, then it's NOT worth fitting in.(Like in High school.)Do you agree?? I wish you all the streignth and POWER over this addition. Life is too short to give it up to cigs.
0 Kudos
cheryl27

hi melissa,congrats on being two months smoke free.i heard say that smoking can cause stress.so glad you decided to take the steps to quit.hows it going?did you reward yourself for your 2 months.we all deserve it no matter how far along you are.keep up the good quits.ps it sure is great to be able to breathe and smell things.
0 Kudos
melissa9

sorry I was dealing with or at my famly reunion but yes I agree with you.
0 Kudos