cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

kiki2

new here

Just wanted to say hello. Stopped smoking on this past tuesday...cold turkey. hasnt been extremely horrible. Well, I still want one, but not to the degree im nuts over it...and better yet, I havent ripped off my husbands eyebrows. My 6 yo daughter and I have deal...Ill stop smoking, and then she has to start sleeping in her OWN room 😄

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ellen5

Hello, Kiki and WELCOME!
Yes, once you are comfortable in your quit you will feel better about yourself and more able to ask for what you want (like not having your daughter sleep with you). Although, truth be told, mine slept with me until she was 11 or 12 and by 13 she didn't want to have anything to do with me!
Please post as often as you need to! And congratulations!!!!!!
0 Kudos
rj_

Hey, you are well on the way to perminate freedom, thos first 7 days are the hardest, now it is all head games, just steel your resolve and if a little ol crave comes along, just kick it in the backside right out the door....:-)

here is a copy of Joel's book, lots of good education to help keep the quit, congrats...

RJ - Free and Healing for Two Years, 10 Hours and 2 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 101 Days and 14 Hours, by avoiding the use of 29257 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $6,030.81.
0 Kudos
kellie3

Congratulations KiKi!! You should be so proud of yourself!
I promise it does get better. It happens slowly, little by little, then suddenly one day you realize you haven't wanted a cigarette all day.

In the meantime hold on, you are in for a ride. LOL It's not all terrible. But I had days where I just would sleep all day to protect my husband from me. Or those times when I would feel like I was lost and looking for something. There was a hole in my life that cigarettes filled up. Once I figured out how to fill the hole things got easier. You will have to figure out what your hole filler is.

I wish you all the strength and determination you will need to be sucessful. And, again...... WTG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos