cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kathy_ryz

My first day!

A visit to a stop smoking clinic brought me here. Many years of smoking has resulted in severe asthma and an upcoming pulmonary visit. My choice: either quit or die. Know I'll opt to live.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
kmilner

This is my first day as well. After smoking for 27 years I decided it was time to quite before I ended up with a medical condition that would kill me. I would rather suffer withdrawls than die at an early age.

0 Kudos

New people to this site may have issues navigating it and finding us all.   We all hang out in the "Blogs" section.  Just above your name and avatar picture click on the Blogs tab, then down a little on the left side, in blue, t says "write a blog".   Just write a blog to say hi, and maybe tell us how you plan to quit or why you plan to quit, or anything about yourself that you feel comfortable telling us. That way we will know that you're here.

This site is the BEST online support group for quitting. We have people with YEARS smoke free, months, days, hours, and quit dates in the future. We all want to help and support, and share what has worked and what we've seen not work.  

NO ONE cares about spelling, grammar, complete sentences, or anything like that.  Blog happy thoughts, sad, or mad thoughts.  Blog if you need help understanding the site, or any  help at all. Blog so we know you are here and can welcome you!!

Blog to get to know us, or to simply keep a record of your quit journey for yourself.

Support is very important, please take advantage of this awesome site and blog, blog, blog!!

~Jordan~ 

quit  11/1/12

0 Kudos
leonard6

Day 2 i will be here every day for help i think chatting with x smokers is the  way to go and with the help from my little patch i know i can do it. Wish you all the best and will visit tommorrow.

0 Kudos
constanceclum

still cut back until my quit date in 9 days. learning how to deal with the urges and most of the time it's not so bad. I too have copd and am now 55yrs old. My mom died @ 58 from copd. I am still looking forward to grandkids so I am definitely not ready to die

0 Kudos