cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kelly45

New to this

Hi, I just started this yesterday. My quit date is August 27. I am the mother of two boys, who of course want me to stop smoking. However, I'm not just doing this for them. I've smoked since I was 15 or 16 (can't even remember), that's half of my life. Also, being an RN, I've seen what smoking does to you in the end and it isn't pretty. For me, I smoke most when I am bored so I'm dinking around on the computer and doing a lot of chores to try to stop that. This has got to be the hardest thing that I've ever tried to do. I've failed so many times before. Hopefully this time it will stick.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
chris-vincent

Kelly your right this will be very hard. I was up to almost two pakes per day. Today is my 2nd day with no cigs and to be honest I cound not do it without Chantix. Every day I took it I smokes less before I quit I was olny smoking about 3 a day. Chantix realy dose work. Good luck!!!!!
0 Kudos
kelly45

I tried the Chantix but it made me soooo sick to my stomach. I've also tried the patches but still end up smoking. I'm using the lozenges now, and they taste like crap! But I'll keep trucking this time.
0 Kudos
chris-vincent

Good luck! Its day 4 for me!
0 Kudos
andrea30

Good Luck you can do it. I've learned that just coming to this site and reading posts help me out when I have an urge for a cigarette. If only I could have that option when I was away from home. I'm glad you are doing it for yourself and not just for your kids, but they are a great motivation to stick with it.
0 Kudos