cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

melro1973

Smoking is stupid because....

Help me out here everyone. For 2 months before I quit, I made up a different ending to that sentence every day. I believe reasoning with myself like that has been the reason I'm still quit after 8 days. Join me.

Smoking is stupid because it's smelly.
Smoking is stupid because you're setting money on fire.
Smoking is stupid because not breathing is not fun.
Smoking is stupid because you'd never let a person control you the way you're letting nicotine control you.
Smoking is stupid because it's inconvenient.
Smoking is stupid because quitting is hard, but cancer is harder.

Ok... who's got another one?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
doreen1

Thanks for starting this discussion, Melro. This is the perfect place to help someone along with their "Reasons Why I Quit".

Smoking is stupid because it killed both of my parents at the ages of 63. I want to live longer than that!!
0 Kudos

Smoking is stupid because, you're letting something so small be a giant in your life.
0 Kudos
Sandra3

Smoking is stupid because I would not allow another human being to put the poisons in my body that I choose to put in my body when I choose to smoke.
0 Kudos

Smoking is stupid because it's:

Smelly
Messy
Obnoxious
Kills
Impoverish you
Nasty
Gross
0 Kudos

Smoking is stupid because I would NEVER sit down and deliberately eat arsenic, methanol or any of the other toxic chemicals that are in cigarettes--so why would I inhale them into my lungs?????
0 Kudos
pat-f

Smoking is stupid because ...
Smokers let a plant control them...
I'm stronger than a plant.
0 Kudos
sherri5

Smoking is stupid because it seperates me from really great people who don't smoke - I choose to never again let a stupid cigarette control my relationships with really GREAT people -
0 Kudos
maria18

Smoking is stupid because you're making yourself an outcast in society today.
Smoking is stupid cause you are sending a dangerous message to kids and grandkids. They either think you don't care about yourself or them or they think if you do it, it's okay. It's not.
Smoking is stupid cause your nerves are actually better if you're not constantly preoccupied with your next nicotine fix.
0 Kudos