cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

trout

Safe Place

Hi there. I created this group for us spouses and significant others who are on the receiving end of withdrawal from our loved one. My husband quit cold turkey about 6 weeks ago and I am so proud of how good he has been doing. The process hasn't been easy for either one of us. I don't pretend to know what he is going through, but I need someone to understand what I have gone through. Right now we are struggling with the smell of smoke in the house and on him...still! It's been over a month and he just reeks of smoke sometimes...has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions? How long before all the toxins leave his body?? He has rewashed all of his clothes and he works in his home office, which was the site of many a smoke, but the smell still sneaks in.
I welcome anyone to this site who needs a friend to listen and understand. I look forward to hearing other people's stories and struggles
Tags (1)
3 Replies
c-j-jones

When I quit it took about a week for every thing to be out of the body . My wife is down to just a few cigs. a day. Quitting is not an easy thing to do. I give her all the support that i can.
0 Kudos
chris29

Hi
I'm here to help support my husband quit smoking.
I;m a non smoker and have never smoked. I know I need help to support him in this undertaking.

He has tried to quit before that was about three years ago a month before our wedding..
He was smoking a pack a day and he quit cold turkey.
about a week into it I was such a basket case I threatened him and forced him to smoke.

I know it was horrible of me.

This is why I am here to ask for help and to get support and to try to understand to the best of my ability what he is going through.

When we meet he was a confirmed bachelor and I was a single mother of three (two teens one preteen).
We became best friends. Two years latter we got married. And This year on April first we became Grandparents. He has been there for me when I lost my job and now as I face some serious health issues.

I want to be there for him.
0 Kudos
chris29

my husband set his quit date for Nov. 5th right now he is trying to cut down on how much he smokes so when Nov. 5th is here is will be smoke free. he is rationing his cig. 11 cigs for a day for three days then ten for three etc.
So far it is working he still had three cig. when he cam home from work last night and he can't add those three to the 11 for today. he has just 11.
As far as smell it is going to sound funny but try the house hold cleaning products and air sanitizers that eliminate pet order.
0 Kudos