cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

COFFEE!!!

My biggest trigger is coffe in the morning
cuz im not only addicted to nicotine but im addicted to caffine

and before that i was addicted to huffing i used to go through 4-5 bottles of "DUST OFF" a day

i need help quiting smoking i cant do this alone 😞
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
dawn-withrow

You're not alone at all, there are many people here in the same boat you're in. It's not an easy thing quitting, not even easy to finally get your mind totally in sync with the fact you truly do need to stop. Use this site to let go of the frustrations and triggers so you can concentrate on quitting for good.
0 Kudos
valerie6

Coffee is a mega trigger for me. I drink my cups (2) in the morning, have a latte in the afternoon, then in the evening after dinner I have decaf. Trigger, trigger trigger! My strategy is to brush my teeth immediately after my coffee to get the taste out of my mouth. Having the taste of coffee lurking around just intensifies the trigger. Also when I have to I will have tea instead. I do not associate smoking with tea.
How are you doing?
0 Kudos
pam18

coffee is not coffee w/o cig., cig. is not cig. w/o coffee BUT over the past 2 months been working on separating the 2 finding no real majic. The only thing that-kind-of-sort-of-works-in-a-little-bit-of-a-way (gotta add humor, this does help me) I try real hard to not have them together & when i do i make sure my coffee is only luke warm cause i like ithot.
0 Kudos
webslave

Coffee! I was associating smoking with waking up. I wake up, coffee, cigs, computer and not necessarily in that order. But I have to have a cig with coffee, which I drink pretty much all through the day. Or is it I have to have a cuppa coffee with a cig.
0 Kudos