Gum? Snacks? Game? Reading?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@KaraJean22

Great question! I think this actually applies and you might get a lot of helpful answers from both people who have been quit a while and from new quitters. The ones that have quit a while can run you through the things they tried. What worked and what didn't and the new quitters can provide some new ideas. From there you can decide what you might try to separate yourself. 

Regrettably with the community now, groups aren't that active. The good news is we're looking to make the community better. As part of this we'll be moving to a new community software that will provide a more intuitive experience. Hopefully thereby reigniting groups.

I encourage you to blog every day. Posing these types of questions in your blogs as they come to your mind should get you lots of replies so don't be afraid to blog.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
karajean22

Thanks I'll blog it

0 Kudos
hunniebear03

Hi kara just joined today as I need help and support as I don't get much at home. My quit day is today. I went on Google and did some research and actually found 101 things to do instead of smoking so I wrote them down and hung them on my wall so I can see them. Some examples are watch a movie, eat candy, take a walk, take a long bath, arts and crafts, listen to music, read a book, chew gum, exercise. I'm hoping this will help me as today is my first day of quitting for good as I've tried many times

0 Kudos
hunniebear03

And hoping it will help you too! And we can keep in touch

0 Kudos
kwitntime

Hello,

I find myself wanting to light up while I am doing my school homework and on the drive home. The night of my quit day, I came up with this invention that I will share.

(1) I cut a straw the length and circumference of the standard cigarette

(2) popped several ice blue Hall's cough drops in my mouth and inhaled through the straw

I got the menthol without nic and his chemical friends!

Wishing everyone the very best with their journey.

Bernie

jmae0810

I haven't quit just yet but I have a date set and I am currently going to put some time between lighting up and smoking with a think it out first just the few minutes will give my brain a good exercise because smoking has become my automatic for everything from being hungry to bored to anxious to pleasure everything. I used to chew straws gonna put them everywhere I use the little coffee stirrers because they are better for chewing than actual straws and it gives me the oral activity that cigs do, think about it how many times do you touch your lips when smoking how much do you use your mouth? Also chewing a toothbrush works too. I'm going out to buy nic gum as well I think changing it up will help break the brain hand to mouth cycle or at least will make me think about it before I do it? I realize I need help this is something I cant do alone I have no support at home because no one else smokes or gets it, so I'm so grateful to have found this program and site where I can see people get it, get me and again I'm grateful thank you everyone! Wish me luck!

0 Kudos
diminsion

I am day 3 and just trying to keep everything as low key as possible. I know I will have to face real life soon enough and I want a little time to myself before I throw myself out there.

0 Kudos