cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

melissa70

I'm a bad mom hiding smoking from my kid

Am I the only one lying to my wonderful kid???
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
celeste2

No you aren't I quit smoking for a few years and sadly,due to stress, I fell back into it. When my oldest daughter who is 12 found out I was doing it,she was soo angry and frustrated..Of course she doesn't understand the difficulty of it but I tried to explain..She makes me feel so guilrty and I have to hide it but it is hard. I promised her that I will try and I have never lied to her before..You are not alone..it is almost the same thing as alcoholism..I wish you luck..
0 Kudos
melissa70

You're absolutely right....sometimes I wish I could just go away somwhere and rehab it out of me. The anxiety and the guilt wears on you so much...set my quit day for july 25 and all day today every one I lit up made me feel worse, like I wanted to quit this afternoon, but you know it won't work on short notice. Have you picked a new quit date?
0 Kudos
celeste2

I picked the 5th of July and I quit for 48 hours and then my husband ended up in the hospital. i went twelve hours today but felt so much anxiety .the last time i really quit was after an attempt that I made in november 2004 and it lasted 5 days and then out of the blue at a smoky new year's Eve party. I said that"this is it" and on the 2nd day of january i quit and never touched one for two and a half years. I want to see about a hypnotist sometime near my birthday which is august 5th. The short notice date is what worked for me last time so it is hard to tell..
0 Kudos