cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

cyndi-daniel

A mom that wants to stop smoking!!!!!

I am a 39 year old Mom that would love to stop smoking for my children's sake, 5 years old, and 10 years old, along with having an 18 year old son that has taken up the habit and I lecture him all the time regarding his habit, Even though, I do the same. I want him to quit so bad, But I am doing the same. I have only been smoking for 5 years, But I have tried and tried to quit and can't!
I tend to turn to my cigarettes when I'm under pressure, stress, or for some reason can't have a beer without one!
I know that I need some support with this addiction that I have!
I hope that someone out there will support me regarding my addiction and try to help me quit smoking.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Brittney4

Hi Cyndi,

First I want to tell you that this website is perfect for you. I have been on here for about 1 week and I've already set my quit date and got a ton of tools to use so I can be successful! The best thing you can do is not tell yourself "I CAN'T" that will only 'allow' you to continue to smoke. This website has a lot to do with knowing your smoking triggers and working through them. It really does work. Most of my cigs come when I'm bored or driving. I have learned to not smoke in my car at all. It's actually easier than I thought. It just takes determiniation! I WILL QUIT SMOKING very soon and I'm so excited to be smoke free and enjoy life without them for a change! If you need anything or have questions, just ask... people here are great support!
0 Kudos
cyndi-daniel

I have no problem in the car not smoking, As long as I stay busy I don't think about it but, When I am thru for the day, And sit back, The first thing I think of is lighting up! I do know that It is a habit, and know that I can beat it somehow!!!!! I just need alittle support from others that are going thru the same thing! Like you, I try to set goals, By every morning waking up and telling myself that I will not some today, And I always do!! I really need your support!!!!
0 Kudos
Sandi4

Hi Cyndi...

I just joined and I'm in the same boat as you. I want to quit for my daughter who will be 5 next week. She is my whole life and I'd die for her but up to this point, I haven't been able to stop smoking..even for her.

However, I've never been part of anything like this site before and I feel confident that you and I will do this with the support of the other EX'ers and THE PLAN. We seem to have similiar triggers so I understand where you're coming from. But let's make a deal....you help me and I'll help you, ok?
0 Kudos
denise13

I can relate I I am 40, have a 8 and 4 year old.. I am a single mom working 2 jobs. I smoked for 20 years and have wanted to quit for the last few years. I joined American Cancer Societies stop smoking program.. they supply medication, counseling and support info at no charge.. I have been smoke free for 10 days and don't want to smoke anymore, I hate smoking...but the stress of home life was often what triggered me. What I have learned is that until I am strong enough I have to stay away from my triggers...the biggest being alcohol.. this because if I drink alcohol I have to smoke.. you can quit... if you really want to you will fight.. I feel like I am fighting for me and my kids. If you are serious the support is out there just do it... sometimes I want a cigarette so bad but I have decided that I don't want to smoke any more.. its hard but all we can do is take it one minute at a time
0 Kudos
Sandi4

Thank you, Denise! Your words are so encouraging. At this point, I'm in the process of tracking my cigarettes. I'm only going to do this for 3 days because I'd like my quit date to be 6/28, my daughter's 5th birthday. That's only 6 days away but I'm ready!

Congratulations on your 10th smoke free day...I can't wait to get there.
0 Kudos
cyndi-daniel

Thank you for your support, I really do need it, I want to quit so B-A-D!!!!! Every time I go without a cigarette, Something happens and I turn to it once again! Like you, I can't even drink without a cigarette to go along with it!!! I will keep fighting to stop! I hate the smell of the smoke, Waking up with the caugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for your support, I hope you will keep supporting me!!! I need all the support I can get!!!!!

THANK YOU!
CYNDI
0 Kudos
cyndi-daniel

Yes, You are soo right, We are in the same boat! I hate my Children seeing me smoke! It is a bad infuence for them and I know that I am doing wrong!!! Like you, I haven't been able to stop either! I try so hard to do it for my children, But I am always failing! Like you had told me if you will help me, I will help you!!!! If you need to talk, My home phone/ business phone is 770-942-2226! I believe that we can be there for each other and guide each other! My prayers are with you and your daughter! Hey, My youngest baby is 5, She will be 6 the 21st of december!!!!!
hope to hear from u soon!
cyndi

0 Kudos