cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

beth22

The Little Book of Quitting by Allen Carr

Any of you guys heard of this new book that Allen has out? If not, essentially it's just a condensed version of his original book. Of course it's not ENOUGH for some of us, but I did order it with my husband in mind. He hasn't quit smoking yet, but I'm pretty sure he's about there. We have talked at great lengths about Allen's book....actually, he probably has heard the WHOLE book from me, and since he's really not a reader I thought this little one might be just the ticket for him.
Anyhoo....just thought you guys would like to know that it is out there in case you know someone who doesn't like to read, but really NEEDS to get this message.
At this point in time I am spending everything I am saving from buying cigs on Allen's book for friends of mine that really want to quit smoking but don't know how to go about it. I've bought 5 already and ran into a lady today that I will get one for the next time I am at Barnes and Noble. At least my money isn't going up in smoke anymore!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
maggie-baird

Hi Beth,
I just bought the book and I hope it will help me. My brother-in-law says it helped him and told me to get it.
Maggie

I
0 Kudos
kim30

Thanks for the info Beth, I have a friend that doesn't read AT ALL, and she desperately needs to stop. I'll look into it.

Thanks again!
0 Kudos
larry13

Good for you. Another avenue you may want to pursue is getting the book on tape. I actually used that, and just recently bought two copies of the book. I plan on either lending or outright giving one of my copies to my doctor. I'm pretty sure he doesn't smoke, but I figure the best way to spread the word is through someone who people regularly ask for assistance in quitting.
0 Kudos