cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

edith2

Feature Discussion

This is our group and it's your group. I encourage all of you to start a discussion that relates to how you're dealing or have dealt with your quit. I think it's wonderful that people are coming in this group and announcing how much time they have so far. It shows that we are acheiving what we set out to do! Whether you have one day or 4 years, be proud of what you've accomplished! If any of you would like to have a discussion featured; to be put at the top of the page, please let me know and I will put it there! All the discussions in here are important!
Feature Presentation Pictures, Images and Photos
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
edith2

That is awesome Trisha! I know what you mean! I remember waking up every day thinking, "I don't smoke!" I didn't think I would ever quit. I'm excited about being a non-smoker!
0 Kudos
trisha

I would love to know how others are coping with eating and what they use for the snacks to help with the addiction. I have used frozen grapes , popsicles, lots of fruit . Any new ideas would be great. Today is day # 6 with out all of you I couln't do it . Keep me in your prayers. Day 6 I just can't believe it.....: )
0 Kudos
laura30

Congrats Trisha!! Day 7 now??!!

I too am struggling with gaining. I do know that if I focus on foods high in protein and veges, that I don't feel as hungry as when I eat foods high in sugar and white carbs. I did horrible this past weekend! I am too embarrassed to tell anyone how much dark chocolate I consumed!!! I have always had a weakness for it and try to avoid it - but it tastes even BETTER now!!!

Monday morning I got back up again and started eating healthy. I always have a sugar free drink or water with me; I find hot tea or coffee helps take the edge off (for me). I always carry almonds and walnuts with me....also, I have a snow cone maker and I purchase different varieties of Da Vinci sugar free syrups (netrition.com has a wonderful variety). The cherry is by far my favorite! And I love the vanilla in my coffee! The syrups are made with Splenda which I prefer over other artificial sweetners.
0 Kudos

I chew sugarfree gum.. Cinnamon.... and drink lots of water with what we call "Good Ice" (very soft ice) And most important Deep Breathe Slowly!

glitter-graphics.com
0 Kudos
laura30

I LOVE the pickle idea! I like Klaussen pickles - they are SO good! Lots of garlic (and salt)....Now I have to stop at the grocery store on the way home!!
0 Kudos
laura30

Comfort food is right! But for me it's only comforting while I'm consuming it - then, it just makes me crave more and more food and makes me tired!! From what I have seen on the site, others with long term quits say the weight gain does tend to even out....regardless, we are non-smokers and that is most important!! Just like with every other thing we have to learn to do without cigs, we will have to change our eating habits and choices too! Best wishes!!
0 Kudos
edith2

Oh, I know what kind of ice you're talking about! Every time I go out driving cab, I do to the nearest Arco station because they have two kinds of ice; cubed ice and crushed ice. The crushed ice is real soft and I fill up my water bottle with it. It keeps the water REALLY cold and is so refreshing!
0 Kudos
tomee

A fantastic alternative to white carbs are durem wheats. Like brown rice, basmati/texmati, tri-color couscous...and the majority of the time it's ten times healthier as well. I'm attempting to get a diet down BEFORE I quit so I'm used to a change that isn't going to be adding to the issue of weight gain. These wheats are really tasty, maybe a light nutty flavor, with oil and basil, it's even better.
0 Kudos