cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

edith2

Something positive about your quit

Even if you haven't quit, you can post something positive about being here. Write about your gratitude, how you got through a tough day, anything that is positive about quitting!

Photobucket
Quitting is the gift that keeps on giving!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
edith2

Saturday, February 21, 2009

I exercise my freedom by regularly doing things that are new or special,
things that give me pleasure or expand my limits. I'm grateful I have that
freedom today!
0 Kudos
michelle44

My son and daughters don't think I stink anymore! They are preschoolers, so it was very hurtful when they spoke the truth. Noe we rejoice in the fact that Mommy doesn't smoke those yucky cigarettes anymore! Another great thing is not feeling like a bad mom when around other parents. I always felt like a second class cotozen at any of my kids events, soccer, football, playing at burger King. We no longer have to leave as soon as possible so I can light up!
0 Kudos
elaine10

I easily let go of smoking. I am free and divinely connected to comfort and help through the breath of life, which I now embrace in its pure form, no longer allowing drugs and deadly chemicals to come between me and my Source! I reclaim my power and declare my mastery!

Thank you, everyone on this site, for your support and inspiration! I am so grateful to be a part of this group! You have inspired me to 41 smoke-free hours, so far, for which I am very grateful.
0 Kudos
tomee

I haven't quit yet, March 2nd is my date, however I will say this: overpowering something with so much control over your life will be such a confidence booster; anyone in your life who doesn't smoke will be really happy that you don't anymore, (I know my significant other is extremely happy that as of March 2nd, I won't smoke in his truck anymore!); and the fact that running a flight of stairs will be easier and easier every time (my university has millions of steps, 66 to get to one math class...).
0 Kudos
edith2

Sunday, February 22, 2009

My money is my own and I can spend it as I choose. My time is also my own. I can use it as I please.
0 Kudos
linda8

Everything about my quit is positive!!! Even the difficult parts are positive, they mean that something was happening. Like my body was getting rid of the nicotine, and the cough is my lungs way of repairing themselves from the years of abuse. So I say it again, It is all positive. 42 days smoke free and counting!!!!
0 Kudos
pam20

Best thing about my quit is the time I get to use doing things I love instead of something I hate!!!
0 Kudos
katheen

ow I can taste things and smell things that I could'nt before I can also relate to the freedom part that I'm feelimg and being able to spend my money on whatever I want to is also a benefit for me.
0 Kudos
edith2

Monday, February 23, 2009

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along."
-Eleanor Roosevelt
0 Kudos