cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

edith2

For those who have relapsed.........

There is a member on this site who is very hostile towards people who have relapsed. I totally disagree with his approach and I have told him how I feel. This website is all about supporting people trying to quit, not tearing them apart. It took me four tries to get where I'm at today. I don't need people beating me up when I slip and fall. I believe that using love and compassion towards a fellow smoker goes much farther and is more effective. What matters to me is not happened in the past, but what I'm doing right now and how the other person is doing right now. So I want to welcome you with a big hug and let you know I've been where you're at.

Update: 1-8-09
I still feel the way about showing compassion, but I have made amends to the person I mentioned in this discussion. He does mean well, and I have found that his discussions and blogs are very informative and helpful. I invite everyone to check out HWC's blogs and discussions. He does really care and has helped alot of people.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
kerry

Couldn't have said it better myself Edith. Thank you from those of us who have quit and don't want to relapse.
0 Kudos
kellie2

From someone who has just relapsed....I am beating myself up enough as well. Thanks to all who are there to help catch us when we slip and help us back to our feet when we fall. I had 36 days in....today is day 1. A new day.
0 Kudos
edith2

Thank you Kayla. I appreciate your comment.
0 Kudos
John-C.

Is it really worth it to beat yourself up? Maybe it is better to use that energy for this time around. It looks like you have had a lot of positive energy. I think it helps to stay positive and enthusiastic about your quit. You had it, and you can get back there, right where you were before. Just pull for it one day at a time! And stay on this site, too, if it helps. Keep moving forward! Best wishes.

I am John and I have been free from cigarettes for twenty-eight days.
0 Kudos
angeleyes

You no Edith you are so right and if it wasn't for the people like you that I have in my life I wouldn't have even tried again after my relapse or even gotten through the hard times that I have been trough this time ! Love and compassion is what some of us need and I'm here if anyone needs that LOVE AND COMPASSION AND POSITIVE ENERGY ! Please keep up the good work I amn behind you all the way ! Love ya

I have been quit for 4 Weeks, 1 Day, 5 hours, 22 minutes and 3 seconds (29 days). I have saved $109.58 by not smoking 876 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Week, 5 Days and 4 hours of my life. My Quit Date: 11/30/2008 12:00 PM

SMOKING IS NOT AN OPTION FOR ME
0 Kudos
cindyd

thanks edith i had good intentions in nov don't know what happened right back at it. got back on my chantix and i trying again 1 1/2 days and this time more determined than ever. will be checking in often i think i needed more support but thought i could do it well here i go again thanks for not being mad because we fail just be glad we keeptrying. thanks for your support cindyd
0 Kudos
claudia2

I slipped and found that only 3 or 4 of my 46 friends replied when I reached out for help and support. So please, if you would, tell me the right friends to pick, because I am in real pain right now and need to have the right friends that will support me.
I want the love and compassion and haven't found much of it yet.
For MY LIFE'S SAKE I NEED IT NOW
0 Kudos
val5

Hi Claudia, How are you doing? Im struggeling right now too. We will be ok it takes time and we can get this right. Im ashamed of myself because I smoked half a cig yesterday and you are the first person I have told. I feel anxious and stressed enough and this really is eating at me so Im coming clean now.
Let me know how your doing.
0 Kudos