cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

edith2

GOOD REASONS TO QUIT

I thought I would let this group make a list of good reasons to quit. There are so many of them! You might write something down that I never thought of! I'll start out and then you can add your reason. You can add as many as you want.........
1. I finally got honest with myself after over 30 years of smoking and making excuses to smoke.
Photobucket
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
edith2

2. After having high blood pressure for years, it's gone down tremendously and I don't feel my heart pounding and working overtime like I did when I was smoking.
0 Kudos

I definitely have more time on my hands now since I don't have to work in smoking.
0 Kudos
theresa18

I'm walking to help with the cravings, after 4 months of being smoke-free I've lost 15 lbs. WOOHOO i feel so much better !!!
0 Kudos
edith2

Seeing my chest x-ray and my lungs are clear since I quit smoking! PRICELESS!!
0 Kudos

It's raining outside and I don't have to find a dry place to smoke, then I don't have to come backin and smell that wet smell of smoke on myself .
0 Kudos
ali2

I have a chance to finally deal with the crappy emotions I feel today,. I am angry, sad.........and who knows what else. BUT I am not hiding behind a smoke to mask my emotions. If I do not deal, I will never get beyond. The only way to get over things is to go thru them.
0 Kudos
edith2

It does feel good to deal with life in a different way, doesn't it? I'm so proud of you Ali. You are a very strong woman! I wish I were there to give you a hug!
Photobucket
0 Kudos
edith2

hahaha! Living in the Pacific Northwest, there aren't many dry places anywhere around here! We don't tan, we rust! I tell people I grew webbed feet since I've lived here.......haha!
0 Kudos
marinemom

I got tried of not being able to breathe when I got to the second story of the hotel where I work and having to stand out in the bitter cold to grab a smoke.
0 Kudos