cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

edith2

DETERMINATION really pays off big!!

This is a blog I read that was written by a wonderful woman named Lola.....thank you Lola!!

"Hang in there quitters! If you are anything like me, during my quitting phase, I suffered a lot, but it got easier as time went by.
Month 1 was like a title wave trying to pull me in
Months 2 & 3 the waves were still strong trying to knock me down
Months 4 thru 10 the waves progressively got weaker, and I felt less of a fight each new month
Months eleven through thirteen.....the waves were like little toddlers trying to knock me down.........you could only chuckle at their effort.
Still wondering when the cravings would come to a complete stop.......after the 14th month, I thought to myself......wow the cravings are completely gone! Incredible!!!
Month 15 and on, I actually forgot I was ever a smoker. The same thing that used to give me comfort was now like sewage to me. Zero temptation after 15 months! I was freeeeeeeee from that moment on!!!"

boundaries Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
edith2

I'm so glad that you didn't mind me posting your message! I just thought it was so inspirational! I believe that it will give alot of people hope! It's great to hear of the benefits of being a non-smoker! Thank you !
0 Kudos
lola2

Edith,

Thank you for that Edith! I remembered going through the phases, and thinking the suffering would never end----so it's important to realize that it's only a matter of time to be totally free from that demon again. I can't tell you how good it feels to reach month 14! Month 14 was the light at the end of the tunnel. When you know there is an end in sight, it helps you hold on to your determination.

Lola
0 Kudos
Sandra3

It is so great to know that the cravings and urges actually do eventually go away.... been waiting for someone to say that. Thank you for posting this.
0 Kudos
linda8

I am so glad to read this also. I was really hoping the urges would go away sooner than that, but heck I am only at 10 days and they are already begining to get a little less. Thanks for the words of strentgh...
0 Kudos
pamela

How wonderful a thought, to know if we stay strong and fight off the craves, that one day we will be free from this terrible addiction!! I'm so proud of you Edith, and I'm extremly proud of you for sticking around to help us all. You are a true humanitarian and God loves you so much for that. Keep on Keeping on !!!!!!!
0 Kudos