cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

edith2

Welcome to our new friend Jean!!

A message from Jean to all members of YES YOU CAN! on Become An EX!

Hi, I have been reading alot of the letters from everyone for the last two days and decided to join this group. I am 54 years old and have been smoking 2 packs a day for 32 years. Time to overcome this, dont you think? All my children are grown and i have 7 grandkids. Another plus is that my husband dont smoke.I am like a million other smokers that really need to quit but dont really want to. I am in a comfort zone.And I also believe it to be a Stronghold of my Mind. I had to get off of nerve pills on my own bout 15 years ago. And the only way that I was able to do that was with Gods help. He never let me down, was always there! And I also believe that is the way I am going to have to handle quitting smoking too. Because it is not only the cigarettes but the lies that the devil throws at you too, that you have to battle.But with God we can win!!!!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
edith2

I could not agree with you more Jean! When I quit, I had no desire. I had tried to quit three times before and the last time I relapsed, it took me 30 years to decide to quit again. I was terrified! I prayed to God for the desire to quit and to help me with my quit. I truly believe in the power of prayer. This time is the longest I quit and I hope to stay a non-smoker for the rest of my life.
0 Kudos
bryan5

Welcome Jean, I too about start my 4 th quit and like Pixie every time I fail, I smoke more than the last time, if I fail this time (and I will NOT) I'll just need one continuous cigarette....lol. God is an Awesome God and by His Grace We shall over come. and what a great bunch of people here to help each other stay strong.
0 Kudos
val5

Hi Jean!!! You are so right on !! With God we can do anything!! We just have to put our minds to it and be stronger than the addiction! YOU CAN DO THIS!! Im on day 2!! I smoked for over 22 years and I too was comfy in my little world, its the health issues that constantly nagged at me in my head and the guilt of doing something to my body that I could stop at anytime that has driven me to wanting to quit!! Its not been easy I just keep telling myself how much I really want this and suck on a tootsie pop and read on this site. I started walking on my treadmill too. Its kindof a fun challenge to see how long I can walk each time and make it faster and longer!! Stay strong were all here for eachother!!!
0 Kudos