cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

edith2

How about it?

We need some new discussions on here! How is your quit going? Does anyone have any concerns that this group can give you support with? Is anyone here coming back from a relapse? Any funny stories? Stories of inspiration? Enquiring minds want to know.....

Enquirer Cover Pictures, Images and Photos
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
kay-morgan

I HAVEN'T RELAPSED. SO GLAD OF THAT. I BELIEVE IF I PICKED UP 1 CIGARETTE AND SMOKED IT ,I WOULD BE SO HOOKED AGAIN. IT SCARED ME WHEN I WAS EARLY IN MY QUIT STAGE. I DREAMED I SMOKED AND WAS YELLING AT EVERYONE FOR LETTING ME DO IT. SO GLAD IT WAS JUST A DREAM. ALL HANG IN THERE.
I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW I WOULD AFFORD TO SMOKE NOW. OURS ARE UP TO 5.25 A PACK.
0 Kudos
libby

Someone posted here once that a large % (don't remember the exact %) do not make it past 5 months. Does anyone know if that is correct? You guys hitting the 6, 7, 8th months could let us know how you are feeling about your quit now.
0 Kudos
laura-waters

Hello all..............I am 7 months quit and i can tell you it gets easier and easier
yes i still think of smoking everyday at least once or twice but the urge to act on it is not there and i know i will always be one smoke away from being a smoker again ........i accept that fact and go on living and breathing better
so please dont get discouraged and start again ..............life is so better with out the cigs.............trust yourself
and the days will add up to months .........................take care remember YES YOU CAN
laura
0 Kudos
Sylvia_Deitz

Edith... I'm going to be on 7 months on April 11. It does get easier as the months tick off. Libby, I made it past 5 months! It has helped me a lot coming to these stop smoking sites...mostly to help others, but sometimes I still need encouragement. I've learned that whatever the traumatic event, smoking is just not an option. I've learned self control in a lot of other areas of my life as well as wanting to light up. I think we've all learned that we need each other!
0 Kudos
edith2

Poppycock! I've never heard that and I don't believe it for a second!
0 Kudos