cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

dawna

second quit attempt

i quit for 3 months using chantix and it was great. i still wanted a cigarette but it made me violently ill. i stopped using chantix and started smoking again after i noticed how much weight i had gained. its been a year since i quit for 3 months, and in that year my health has rapidly deteriorated. i quit cold turkey on april 12th. so far, so good. my dr. is out of town for a week but when he gets back, i will be going in and asking for chantix again. it really helps.
i also bought a treadmill. everytime i am home and want to smoke, especially after i eat, i walk on the treadmill for 10 minutes. this is working for me cuz i can barely breathe as it is, so this helps.
thanks for listening. i really hope this site helps too.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
debbie54

If you can get yourself into a routine on working out this will help so much....I quit back on april 1st....i dont have to much nasuea but i do feel diffrent if i dont have any food in my system. good luck its hard but so worth it.
0 Kudos
kj-1

Thanks for sharing dawna. Im tryin again after a second attempt with chantix. Quit date set soon April 28.
I have had terrible gas LOL seriously i feel like if you hug me to hard i will let one go! Hope all is well I know this time we will quit for good!
0 Kudos
gypsywoman

HI Dawna,
I am glad to see you chose to quit again! We all relapse here and there the key is to just relaize it and try again.. when the time is right it will happen. I am on chantix as well my first time takeing it and it has done wonders for me.... Excersise is a great way to maintain your weight and drink lots of water also eat healtheir snacks.. I have gained some weight .. but thats better than lossing life right!! 🙂 I wish you much luck on your path to quitting! - Hilary
0 Kudos