cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kerry9

I DID IT!!!!!!

I finally did it!!! I QUIT!!! It took me quite awhile from the time I joined and decided to quit to finally just do it. I would like to thank all who encouraged me and told me I could do it. I did not set a quit date but sort of went on something Edith said to me. I was on my last pack and I was about to go to the store when I thought wait I have patches so am I going to buy cigarettes or put on a patch? As the day went on I never gave it much more thought then at 10 that night I realized I had one left but no feeling of panic or anything so I thought OK this must be it, so before I went to bed I put a patch on and that was the end of that. I am on day 6 now and feeling great!!!! I am so proud but here's the kicker, I did not tell my family at all and not one of them noticed for about 3 days then my daughter in law notice and asked me about it but no one else ever did, I finally told my husband and my daughter last night. LOL sort of funny but sort of shocking too. Anyway I also started juicing at the same time so I not only quit but lost 2 pounds the first week LOL go me. Have a great day and once again THANK YOU!!!
Kerry
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
chris61

Congratulations!! Like you, I joined this group some time ago but, I finally quit last week, I'm7 days now and like you, no one has noticed. I did tell my husband, but not of the rest of the family. I can't say that I lost weight, but I haven't gained weight.
0 Kudos
grace3

Good for you, Kerry. Hell Week is coming to a close. Congratulations...
0 Kudos