cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

momathome

Day # 1

Ok its my first day without a cigarette. Its only 7:45 and I am already freaking out. My hubby quit too, I am really hoping he is stronger than I am, I don't think I could do this without him. Anyway as scared as I am I still want to do this, I have soo many reasons to quit. I can't stand it anymore, everytime I had a cig in my mouth I felt like some cheap trailer trash lady with dirty kids running around. I don't want to see myself that way. I just have a feeling this won't be easy. :
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
momathome

thank you for your support. Been crying and screaming allday long. Beginning to wonder if it is worth it.
0 Kudos
tania2

Good LUCK!!!! It stinks for first week but it does get a bit easier if that helps. I'm on my 14 day of no cigs and I haven't killed anyone yet! Good luck.
0 Kudos
melissa9

You can do it. Us moms are strong! I am not going to lie and say it is easy cause it isn't. But hey raising kids is hard. And we don't give up on them so don't give up on your quitting smoking.
0 Kudos
heather32

Hi everyone I am NEW here too.
I am a stay at home mother of 2 yr old twins and a 12 yr old son.
Last yr I quit for the entire yr, until about 3-4 months ago. I have no idea what happened. I would ONLY SMOKE WHEN I WAS DRINKING. Then I would come home and be fine. That lasted for a whole yr. Now I am back up to about a hlf a pack a day or more on the weekends. I want to do this so bad!!!! But I also LOVE my ciggs too. My husband and most of our friends are nonsmokers so I guess that will and did help. My kids tell me all the time that I stink.. and I HATE THE SMELL TOO, I'm constantly brushing my teeth and washing my hands. I started trying last night but, I went out this morning and ended up at the store buying a pack. UGG!
I hope that meeting and talking with you all will help me stop for good. Now I'm debating weather to set a quit date for the 5th of July (after the 4th party) or if I can start now and handle the party without smoking.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
0 Kudos
gaylene

Keep going girl. . I recently started to "cheat", guess who I was cheating? Myself. I was even thinking of hiding, guess who I was hiding from? Myself. It's worth the suffering, remember, nicotine is out of the system your first day. It's that darn 'habit' and brain thing were fighting with. Yes it does get easier. Get outside and take the kids for a walk. Quitting smoking will help you (literally) smell the flowers again. All I used to smell was smoke inside and outside.
0 Kudos
heather32

Thanxs Robin for the support. I am getting more & more ready by the day. Yesterday was such a stressful day with the kids, which caused me to smoke more. I took my oldest son to his Dad's and it seemed like the entire family was just pissy :^( me more than any1.
Everytime I lit one up I got more mad at myself for needing a freakin crutch. My thoughts race about cancer and such the entire time I'm smoking the damn thing. I end up stressing myself out more lol. Anyway I just want to say thank you and I think this website is already helping me, if nothing else just to realize that I have support.
0 Kudos
nikkie-noodle

At least you and your husband quit together. mine still smokes, but everyday I tell him about my urges and how it makes me feel. he really wants to quit too, because he says its no fun without me. He is actually bored. So I am offering him every word of support and encouraging him to start soon. of course without pressure 😉 he did call his doctor and ask for patches, so that is the 2nd step after admitting you gotta give it up. besides, cigarettes in NYC is $8.50 a pack!!! I gotta admit, the first two weeks are rough. I am 4 weeks into my smoke-free life. After the 2nd week, it does start to get better, just distract your mind as soon as smoking comes to mind, and the urge will pass. Don't be afraid to talk about it, the urge, you miss it, then back that up with you know how bad it is for your health. Honestly, I never wanted to know anything about cigarettes and its effects because I smoked. But now that I finally read up on it, I don't wanna go back!!!
0 Kudos