cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

momathome

Feeling very unsure

Ok, starting to have second thoughts, maybe I am not ready. I am trying to follow the program, and the whole tracking thing seems pointless for my situations. I already have a pretty strong disconnect between urges and smoking. I mean that I almost never can have a ciggarette when I have that urge, I ussually already wait 10-20 min before actually smoking. This isn't helping me to not want to smoke.Maybe I am just expecting too much too soon, I don"t know. I am very confused right now. Also scared to not quit cuz I know I will face a-lot of "I told you you wouldn't" and The good ole "you just don't have any willpower.
I am gonna stick with it, Im hoping it will make more sense as I move forward with the program.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
donna73

have you read allan carrs book the easy way to quit smoking it sounds like you could benifit from it it also comes on Cd if u r like me and hate to read
0 Kudos
fiveblessings

The trick to quitting is that there are no second thoughts. You can't have excuses because if you do you will fail. The nicodemon looks at excuses as chinks in your armor and he knows how to get in there. DON'T LET HIM!!
You have important reasons for quitting. If the system doesn't work for you, make up your own. The fact that you have good disconnects at trigger times is something you can use to your benefit. Take what you need from the program and fine tune it for your benefit! You can do this!!
0 Kudos
donna73

thank you this is good info for me and thanks for your encouragement
0 Kudos
momathome

Thanks, I had been thinking about it and decided that maybe it is good I already have the disconnect thing going on, I will definatly use this as an advantage. Im not going to give up or make excuses. I just get scared somtimes Thanks for listening.
Lori
0 Kudos
karina

Don't let your addiction take over your thought process! You ARE ready to do this. I know it's hard, but don't sell yourself short. You would be surprised what you're actually capable of. is there anything triggering these thoughts? Just stick with it and hang in there..I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!
0 Kudos
cindy16

Hi, What are you using to quit? I'm going to start chantix. Have the med. Just not sure if I'm going to wait till my adult canoe trip is over July 25. I may have my quit day aug 1st. I want to keep hold of my quit. I'm afraid if I do before my canoe trip I may screw up. We may going to chicago all adult trip this summer also.My husband smokes so that is going ot make it more difficult. How are you doing? Are the cravings bad?
Cindy
0 Kudos
momathome

I want to start Chantix, but not having luck getting insurance to cover it. So, if that doesnt work I plan to do theh patch and stuff. Anyway, just feeling very overwhelmed personally, but trying to stay on track and come up with a reasonable quit date. so far though I have cut my smoking more than 1/2. I think that is pretty good. Is you husband willing to quit with you? or is that out of the question? Mine is quitting with me (I hope anyway)
Lori
0 Kudos