cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

daveb

Never Alone!!!!

AH-HAH!! Here you are!! I knew I'd find 12 steppers here. Thank God!! My name's Dave & I'm in the NA fellowship in Tampa. Been in the program 2 years now & recovery has been the most amazing blessing!! Meetings have been tough for me as well when it comes to quitting. This is my 4th attempt in the last year, but ah-hah, now I've found a program. The suggestion to hang in the meeting place & fellowship after meetings is much appreciated. I've struggled w/that for awhile now. Anyway just wanted to introduce myself and say how glad I am to have found you guys & gals, the ppl I can relate to when everyone else thinks I'm crazy.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
bonnie4

Hey Dave! Glad you found this group. I am glad to see more people join and hope that it will have more participation as it and the Friends of Bill W. group have been really helpful to me. It's always nice to be around people who speak our language. I got into a war of words with people in other groups, because they choose not to accept powerlessness. Whatever works for them. For me, I have to work the same program I worked to get clean and just don't pick up no matter what. I did have smoking thoughts this weekend that are no different than my using thoughts. I just have to remember that smoking is not an option any more than getting high is an option and keep moving forward. Again, welcome and keep coming back!

14 weeks, 2 days, 4 hours, 23 minutes, and 46 seconds since quitting smoking. 2, 504 cigarettes not smoked. I've saved $709.88!!!
0 Kudos