cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

doreen1

Darlene's Awesome Do-Over

Darlene, I am so happy to hear that you did not give up after your slip. You are almost through with Hell Week (14 more hours) now. You can do this! You've learned from the slip and are moving on undaunted. You've experienced the exasberated COPD and know that is not what you want to do. So, keep on keeping on. Keep up the good work!

Photobucket
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
darlene7

Thanks Doreen - I appreciate the words of encouragement. I didn't know it was called Hell week, but I do agree. I can't believe I'm going thru all the bad again after smoking 1 cigarette. That really proves to me how addictive they are. It was like I hadn't done the 11 days, truly starting over. Yikes, don't want to go thru this again! I'll pass - thank you - "NON-SMOKING PLEASE"!!
0 Kudos
darlene7

Hey, I was reading about Hell week, Heck week....etc. Can you explain all these for me? Never heard of it before.. and Sneak week....thanks
0 Kudos
doreen1

Sure, Darlene. This was something that I heard over at my former stop smoking sight.

The first week is called Hell Week for the obvious reasons - the first 72 hours of that week are spent just trying to get the toxins out of your system - the rest of the week can just be plain hell.

The second week is called Heck Week. Its not as bad as the first, but almost.

The third week is called Weak Week. I'm not exactly sure why, but my assumption is that by this week you are so tired from fighting the craves that you are feeling weak. A good time to keep your guard up as the nicodemon is ready to pounce on a crave at a moments notice.

The fourth week is called Sneak Week. Again, my assumption is because by now you've made it through Hell and Heck and you're feeling stronger than Weak. The nicodemon is a sneaky bugger and would love nothing better than to sneak in a crave so powerful you will wonder what hit you if you cave. Again, a really good time to keep your guard up - you never know when the nicodemon might strike.

Hope this helps to answer your question. I think I will post this on my page as well so that others will know what I'm talking about in case they happen to miss this post. Hang in there - you can do this 🙂
0 Kudos
darlene7

Thank you Doreen - I think I'll print it and put it on the fridge. So I can watch out and know what to expect.
0 Kudos
doreen1

There you go 🙂 Thats a good idea. Holler if you need me 🙂

Photobucket
0 Kudos
manofsteele

Super Start
0 Kudos