cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ashley46

My Unborn Baby Boy

My #1 reason is for the little guy inside my belly. I didn't quit right when I found out, but I did eventually quit by 16 weeks (4 months). I woke up one morning and lit a cigarette. Halfway through I put it out and said, NO, this is it.... how selfish am I? Seriously? And I have not smoked since. That was 41 days ago. I know I will be smoke-free while I am carrying my baby boy, though I can't be so sure about after he is born....I don't want to start up again, but it will be much easier to say....just one wont hurt me right now... and then you know how that turns out...before you know it your smoking a pack a day or more. my little boy means the world to me right now, and i love him so much...this is for you....

****UPDATE****
Well, I managed to stay quit! It's been 5 weeks since I had my beautiful baby GIRL! That's right... I was suppose to have a boy, but she came out a girl! She was 7lbs 9oz (and a week early at that) and perfectly healthy! I'm so glad I quit, I now know how much of a nasty habit it is, because my fiance still smokes and it's awful (smokes outsides and washes his hands but still). THe only reason i'm not starting up again is for my daughter...she doesn't deserve to smell it all the time, from both parents.she truly is a blessing
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
doreen1

Ashley - I am so happy to hear you have quit for your precious little boy. Otherwise this might be how others would see you:
Photobucket

After you give birth to that sweet one, think about what your second hand smoke could do to him. Think about how you'd smell to him. Think about what it'd look like if it was him:
Photobucket

Just a friendly little butt kicking to keep you smoke free Photobucket
Photobucket
0 Kudos
tasogbon

Congratulations Ashley! I am so happy for you. I am 10 weeks pregnant and although I have cut back tremendously on my smoking, like 3-4 daily. I want to quit so bad for my baby especially and also for myself!! I made a new year's resolution to quit before I found out I was pregnant, and I did for 9 days. I was so miserable, I cried everyday through my triggers. My quit date is St. Patrick's Day March 17th!!

0 Kudos