cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

gridley513

Day one for me

Hi, this is my 92376591087235th time quitting.

I got a prescription for chantix.. but after the pharmacist said, "$144.00 please!" I decided to wait on it. I knew it would be expensive, but was hoping medicaid would pay for it. So, I am giving the patch a try before filling the prescription.

Did great today, no cigarettes at all. But, I have done the day one before... seems like the next couple days are the tricky ones.

Good luck to everyone and hope to be talking to all of you for a long long time!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
cartel

Congrats on your first smoke free day. I am on day 1 also, we can do this. Good luck.
0 Kudos
tracy18

I am a day behind you. I am also trying the patch and on my 2837465222946725 time quitting also. My husband is a smoker, so it's really going to be a challenge, but not impossible! Good luck to you, and stay strong 🙂
0 Kudos
gridley513

Today is a little harder, I am with my kids today and I really rely on a cigarette to get a break when.. my sweet darlings are um... turning a little less sweet if you know what I mean. Trying not to take my frustrations out on them because they do not know I am quitting cigarettes! I hid it from them, and as far as I know, they were unaware I was smoking. They are 6 1/2 and almost 5.. so they might have been catching on, not sure.

Anyways, I haven't smoked but it is not really an easy day. I am eating a lot of chocolate chips. I know that is not a good habit to start, but I eat a lot of chocolate anyways, it's not a new habit lol. I'll work on that next year.

Hope you are all doing well today! Stay strong!
0 Kudos
annie17

Good Luck!! We Can Do this!!!
0 Kudos
gridley513

3 days in, whoohoo!!
0 Kudos
becka

where do you live? I ask because I have box of chantix but decided to use a patch instead. I decided not to use the chantix after a friend who took it warned me about it. She said she had never had a problem with depression before but became so depressed after taking it that she has to see a doctor now. Anyway I'm in my 17 th day and the patches are working for me. The only "problem" I've had if you can call it a problem is that the 21 mg. patches became toxic to me after the first week. I had to go to the next lowest step. I had been a pack a day smoker which is why I started off on the 21 mg. but I guess it was just too much for me. Good Luck with your quit youre doing great! Becka
0 Kudos
becka

Tracy I just read that your husband has no plans to quit with you. I tried to quit while my husband continued to smoke. I thought and still do to some degree that, this is his home and if he wants to smoke he should be able to. Well.....after about 5 days of sitting next to him while he smoked and I didn't just didn't work for me. This time I just admitted to him that I can't do it if he smokes in the house. He is smoking outside now and not one complaint. This has helped me to keep going this time. I am in the 17th day of my quit. I can hardley believe it myself! Good luck! Becka.....
0 Kudos