cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

fran

Chantix and when to stop it after becoming smoke free.

I used chantix. I stopped smoking My first smoke free day was May 7th. I was 3 weeks smoke free then I stopped the chantix. I had a slip up on sat not for anyonther reason than I was acting like an idiot. All I can say is this. Chantix is a drug thathelps you to ween off cigarettes. It is not the thing that makes you quit. You are the thing that makes you quit. So as soon as you are smoke free and have a few weeks under your belt get off the chantix. You do not need it anymore as long as youplan to stay smoke free. It is not your cigarette replacement. Neither is anything else. Don't replace your cigarettes. Learn to live without them. HOnest and truly it's the best advice I can give. PLease beleiveme when I tell you that you are your strength, not your chantix or your gum or your whatever. You and you alone. I have been off chantix for weeks I bought cigarettes saturday and smoked 2 when I realized what an idiot I was acting like I threw the rest down the toilet. No Chantix in my system at all. I have been smoke free since. Prior to that I had 32 days smoke free, I threw them away like they were nothing. Then I got back onmy horse and rode away....with out the chantix...So once your smoke free and you are ready to beleive that your the one fighting...stop taking the chatix right away!!!
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
liz19

Thanks! I am on Chantix too, and today is ONE WEEK smoke free. I am very proud of my self! But I was wondering if I really needed to stay on it for 2 and a half more months. I don't feel an urge to smoke and smelling smoke does make me sick. I was considering finishing the pack of Chantix I have and then not getting the next one filled. But I couldn't find any one else to ask about it. Seems that if you ask the doctor or pharmacy or drug company, the medical industry just wants you to spend more money.......
0 Kudos