cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

jenn17

Not a chantix-er, not by choice

I do not have health insurance and I do not have the money to pay full price for a doctors visit and then for the prescription. I have read a lot of people say the medication has helped out a lot and I believe that I need that kind of help. I am very weak-willed. Does anyone have any ideas of a way I could get a prescription other then paying full price?
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
bill-v_

Pfizer has information on their website about programs that help with cost of Chantix. But here's something to consider: If Chantix costs approximately $130.00 a month (mine did), and cigarettes cost on average $4.45 a pack...Chantix is cheaper. I'm trying hard not to sound like an idiot, but Jenn, you need to establish priorities. You can find a way to make this work.
Secondly, when you say you are weak-willed, you are setting yourself up to fail. Strength and resolve are the two most important allies you have in this battle. Nothing will make you quit but yourself. Everthing else is just an aid. The absolute truth is that you CAN do this and you WILL if that's what you really want.

Bill V.
almost 8 months quit
0 Kudos
jay

Jenn,
Another option would be to contact the drug company that produces Chantix, which is Pfizer. Here is a blurb from their Chantix website. As a P.R. move, a lot of the drug companies are helping uninsured/underinsured folks with the cost of prescriptions, so it would definitely be worth you checking out.

Uninsured? Need help paying for medicine? Pfizer has programs that can help, no matter your age or income. You may even qualify for free Pfizer medicines. Call 1-866-706-2400. Or click here for more info www.pfizerhelpfulanswers.com.

I have been on the Chantix for 3 weeks now, was a 2 1/2 pack a day smoker for 35 years, have been quit now for 5 days, and I am not having a problem with this. I, too, am a very weak-willed individual, and to be honest, was sceptical about my ability to really, really quit, but the Chantix has worked wonders for me. I would check into their website to see if you can get them to help you out with the medication. Doesn't hurt to ask, right?

Let me know how it comes out. My best to you and your quit.....Jay
0 Kudos
david37

jenn if your income is low go to a health department doc $10 & then fill it at health department $10
0 Kudos