cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

dina-haines

Quit Cold Turkey

I quit in January and it was an accident really. I had smoked so much on New Years Eve that the next few days my lungs hurt and I didnt smoke, so after a few days when I realized I hadnt smoked I made the decision to quit. It has been 15 weeks and I am still going strong, with only one slip up about two week ends ago.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
dian

Dina.......... LOL, I did something like that and then a few weeks later I found out I was pregnant. Decided it was the best time to quit...... butt, I ended up smoking again after a 1 or 2 of not smoking, tried to stop with the patch and that didn't last or work........ so........ join Jennifer and I, I guess you're the longest non-smoker that's checked in, we will follow you.........

did you have any problems with gaining weight?
0 Kudos
nightrain8

That's awesome. I'm on my 11th day, so it's cool for me to hear stories like yours. Keep it up! My real 1st test comes on Saturday. I'm going out w/friends and we'll be having drinks. YIKES! Cross your fingers for me.
0 Kudos
dian

Night, take something to chew on, a straw, a toothpick, mints......... today's my 11th day and weekends are normally my hardest to get through because I could smoke when I felt like it unlike during the work week..........
I would like to wish you luck but you don't need it because YOU WILL NOT SMOKE PERIOD, NO EXCUSES, YOU ARE A NON-SMOKER and do what non-smokers do, NO SMOKE!!! LOL
0 Kudos
nightrain8

Now that's a Jedi mind trick if ever I heard one. : ) You're right. I'm taking my quit buddy with me, so that should help keep both of us honest. I am a non-smoker now, I should act accordingly. Just have to tweek my mind set a bit. Thanks for the advice!
0 Kudos
dian

LOLOL Star War Rules!!!!!!

yeah, I found I can trick my body just as much as NIC can no matter how much he talks about how good cigarettes are so I pretend to smoke a straw and that tricks me enough to get through the urge and thoughts NIC is throwing my way.

so........ how'd you do??
0 Kudos
nightrain8

Sorry it took so long to respond. It went GREAT! Still smoke-free! I only had a couple of urges, but they went away pretty fast. Thanks for the support ; )
0 Kudos