apriliris

Quitting on New Years

Discussion created by apriliris on Dec 27, 2010
Latest reply on Jan 3, 2011 by rattler

I am quitting on New Years Day because it is a beginning of a New Year and I want it to be a beginning of a new life. I have been smoking for 35 years and amazingly don't have any health problems from smoking all these years. However, I do have several other health problems - migraines, fibromyalgia, a ruined knee and ankle from military service, and just discovered an incinsional hernia from 2 C-sections 19 and 21 years ago. The hernia requires surgery. I am going to start going to a pain management clinic for my constant pain. I kept waiting for a time when the stress wasn't so bad, but I don't see a time like that in the near future. Maybe the time and money I will have back when I quit smoking will help with the stress. Everyone around me is willing to help me quit - I'm lucky in that. Good luck to everyone. Here are a couple of things that I am going to try when I quit. There is an acupressure trigger point at the very top of your ear - if you put your thumb on the inside and your pointer finger on the outside of your ear - you can feel a small triangluar area - this is called the Shin Man or Spirit Gate. If you press on it, it will help dispel cravings of all kings. Another thing I am going to use is sipping ice water through a straw - I just saw an article that says scientists have discovered that taking small sips of ice water through a straw can dispel cigarette cravings!

April

Outcomes