cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

cj3801

Please Help

I quit in October. Things were going quite well then I got some disturbing news on Monday and bought a pack. I have smoked seven cigarettes since Monday. I am so disappointed in myself. The other 13 are just riding around in my car but I can bring myself to throw them away.

Sad
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
linda8

Throw them away!!!!! Also be sure and remind yourself about why you quit and what your triggers are and how else you can deal with them.. Good Luck
0 Kudos
andrew3

I think you should just take the pack in your hand, squeeze the pack as hard as you can. Then think to yourself about how much you have wasted on cigarettes, and just think about how much it will cost you if you don't get rid of them right now. I know you can do it!
0 Kudos
cj3801

Okay. I let my 7 year old son stomp the pack. He was very upset because he didn't know that I had started again. So, I guess I'm back to square one and tomorrow is my quit date. Thanks very much for your support.

CJ
0 Kudos
barbara42

just hang on and come here to blog, read do what ever you have to, but do not let the nicotine addiction win, you are so much more than that peace!
0 Kudos
andrew3

I am really proud that you let your son stomp the pack. I know it was hard, but just think you are free again. I know you will succeed. Like Barbara said we are all here because we need support. When you feel weak just write something down. I find it helps me a lot.
0 Kudos
cindyd

know how you are feeling been doing the same thing since 1-28-08 but, have none in the house and will go to the other store where they don't sell my brand (live in a small town) to buy groceries. throw away what you have left and don't be so hard on yourself just get up brush yourself off and pickup where you left off try not to think of it as starting over just a relapse good luck i know you can do it.
0 Kudos
edith2

When I quit, I had 1/2 pack left. I didn't want to throw them away either! I ended up throwing them in a dumpster where I couldn't reach them. Then I just focused on getting through the rest of the day without pulling my hair out or something. The beginning of quitting really sucks, but I'm grateful every day that I quit. I decided to remember how much I hated quitting in hopes to never have to go through it again. 4 1/2 years later, I'm still going strong and loving it!
0 Kudos