cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

dina-haines

I quit cold turkey in January

I quit cold turkey in January. I was able to just put it down and stop. All of my best friends smoke, my boyriend, and my parents. It didnt make a difference. I was able to go out and drink and not smoke. I could hang with everyone and not smoke. Now that I am six months in, I no longer crave a cigarette. I dont crave the nicotine. I am not sure what makes me do it, but recently I started smoking *only* (which doesnt mean a thing) when I am out with either of my two best girlfriends and *only* when we are drinking. It is so strange. I made it six months without one. I thought I kicked it. I never want one when I am home around the boyfriend while he smokes. Or when I am driving. Or that fabulous one after a big meal. Its only around these two girls. It is very strange, and I need some help to get back to where I was when I so proudly quit, "cold turkey"

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
karen75

Do these two friends know that you had quit? If so, maybe they could be a support system for you instead of a trigger. I suggest talking to them about what you are trying to do and ask for their help. If you don't smoke any other time, I take it you just bum from them when you decide you want one. Maybe you could get them to promise not to give you one. If not, maybe you need some quality time without them. Find something to do with just your boyfriend or... maybe its just the alcohol. Perhaps you could find a way to spend time with these 2 friends doing something outside like bike riding or anything that doesn't have the trigger alcohol does....
~K~
6 days free and clear
0 Kudos