cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

rachel17

I JUST WENT FOR IT!

I quit on Sept.6th at 10:30 pm. I just did it this time without any nic replacement or anything. I couldn't rationalize putting more drugs into my body to stop the smoking. Maybe that's silly but I just wanted off the cigs period. It has been rough but I think it will be worth it for me. I want to start a healthier life no drugs, eat better, and exercise. You know everything. By drugs I don't mean illegal ones I mean medications I believe it's all really bad for you. I couldn't think like that and keep doing the one thing that I know would kill me one day. I choose life for me and my kids. Anyone else out there going cold turkey for the same reasons?

Labels (1)
25 Replies
katy3

I quit cold turkey, because it was the easiest way for me.
I am a college kid, so I don't want to spend my money on patches or gum.

I wasn't really addicted though.
0 Kudos
Sandi4

Hi Rachel: I'm quitting cold turkey for that same reason. I wanted to quit and I didn't want to replace the nicotine with anything but good food, exercise and positive thoughts AND I want to see my little girl (she's 5) grow up.

How are you doing so far? The first 3 days for me weren't too bad but today, I've been cranky and crying for no reason at all. I understand it's part of the process and I'm so proud that I decided to try again but I'll be thrilled when this phase has past.

Your kids are adorable and I'm sure they're very proud of Mommy....stay strong.

Sandi
Susan57

Good Morning,

Hope you are all having a good day.

I know how tough this can be Marie, you have been there more than once and so have the rest of us. The intention is to stay quit which is easy to say and this we all know too. This is the crowd of 'been there, done that'.

There are times that I would love to sit and smoke, last week we came out of the super market and there was a woman sitting next to us, she was in her car, this woman just opened a pack of cigarettes and lit one. I felt like asking her for one and this is no lie, the 'temptation' remains in place and the battle continues; but not so many as the beginning.

Whyquit.com was created for us, for our use of referral which is helpful when needed.

While shopping I found a boxed cake with a fabulous recipe on the side for a lemon pound cake, just add lemon pudding, this evening I will make this cake, this will be good for at least 1 pound of weight gain. does this sound good?

Hi Lois and Carenda, I beginning to accept the weight gain, enjoy! God Bless

Cheers, Susan

Susan57

I did this cold turkey, almost 10 months ago, and would not think of ever going back

Goswag

Yes! Im doing this right now. 

0 Kudos
indingrl

Hello I just joined this group on Jan 6, 2011 I got on my knees and prayed to Jesus I said dear Jesus if you don't take these cigs from me I am gonna smoke them until I die in Jesus name amen I was given a cold turkey quit... I have been here at this site and at whquit.com... bryons early death video saved my life and opened my eyes but for the grace of God go I and i texted his wife and family to thank them for using his video to saves lives from using nicotine. I been nicotine free ever since. Thanks for letting me tell MY COLD TURKEY QUIT. Amen

0 Kudos
MarilynH

I also quit cold turkey and I'll be celebrating 3 yrs of smoke free living in the middle of July, life just keeps getting better and better since quitting smoking. Choosing life is the best gift that any of us will ever give ourselves congratulations to you. 

indingrl

So cool I took Mark suggestion he said to join group and I could be myself in Jesus name so i did cold turkey quits thanks for sharing Marylin. Hug

brittann3

I didn't go cold turkey but I think, had I read Alan Carr's book and gotten a better perspective BEFORE beginning quit with the patch, then I could have gone cold turkey. I had already begun my quit by the time I found this community and support. I think you have the BEST reasons to quit for sure. I finally went through with it myself for my boyfriend and the possibility of a future family someday. And now I'm 8 months quit (almost) and 6 months pregnant.  Good luck! Stick around here and you'll do fine!