cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

donna22

My quit date is June 3

I just started taking Chantix today and I will quit on June 3. I have read about the side effects and hope I can bypass them but who knows? I am very determined to do this and reading the success stories here will be a great help.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Hi Donna,
Just wanted to let you know that your not along, their are alot of us on chantix here. I have been on it for 2 months and 1 week, and at this point i am 56 days with out a cigarette!!! I am now down to where i am weaning myself off of them. I have heard too many reports of people freaking out when they stop them. I havent had any of the dreams or nausea , but have felt not quite right....kind of depressed ...but this could also be from quitting smoking. So, who knows....but good luck with your quit....and we will be here for you!!!!!
Crystal
0 Kudos
donna22

HI Crystal,
Thanks, I'm looking forward to being a non smoker. I think for the first time I really want to quit, I've tried before but was never successful...It's good to know there are people like you to support me along the way.

Donna
0 Kudos
donna22

Hi Peggy, congrats to you on making it to day 7!!!! I know this will just be a one day at a time thing, I know I can do it this time and especially since i found this great support...

Donna
0 Kudos
dee24

Hi Donna. Today is my 2nd day smoke free. I have smoked for 34 years and I have been on Chantix for almost two weeks now and I have not had any problems at all. Using all the vices such as peppermints, drinking water, walking, keeping yourself busy are all great ways to take your mind off the urges. The urges come but they pass quickly. Good Luck.....hang in there...... Hugs and Support from all of us.
0 Kudos
donna22

Hi Dee, ok 2 days is a great start, just one at a time.....this is only my 2nd day on Chantix and i must say I feel a little weird....kind of nauseated or dizzy or something...hopefully this will pass since it could barley be in my system yet.....keep up the good work, i will also.
Donna
0 Kudos