cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
donna22

Healthy Eating Tips and Weight Control

Ok so I thought I'd start this discussion....I'm on a mission to lose weight, I'm sick of being sick of being fat...LOL

I weighed myself this morning..YIKES....more than I've ever weighed....I'm embarking on a healthy eating regime....so one week from today I will weigh myself again and then post here how much I have lost or God forbid gained...I will not be telling the world the actual weight just the results..

I would more than appreciate any tips you can give me....I hope no one thinks this is stupid and someone will join me...
Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
angeleyes

i will ! ok we wont put our weight just results ! Good Luck ! we will meet back here next monday and every monday after that !
0 Kudos
angeleyes

Well tomorrow im gonna start . Every Thursday im gonna come here and let everyone no if i have lst or gained ! well tomorrow will be the first day so ill just say im the same weight right now when t started we will see what happens next thursday ! good luck !
0 Kudos
donna22

Thanks you guys, I agree it's very important to do this...I will be here each week to say If I've lost weight...I appreciate the support...
kane

Trying to loose weight and quit smoking seem to go hand in hand for a lot of people, me included! I too am willing to join you guys and watch my health as well as my smoking. I have been wanting to start working out and get back in shape for a long while now, but haven't been able to keep myself motivated.
As for advice, state your goals and stick with them.
My goals:
Smoke free in 30 days
Lose 20lbs (unsure of time frame)

Other weight loss tips:
Never skip breakfast
Eat smaller meals more frequently
Drink at least 6 glasses of water and 2 glasses of milk a day (track this along with your cigarettes)
Replace triggers with exercise. - Especially if boredom is one of your triggers, stay entertained by taking a walk. This will also rid some of the stress in your life
0 Kudos
donna22

Hey Linda, that's why I don't belong to a gym, I really want to join but since I can't even get on the treadmill here it's just a waste...I'm going to have to just pick a time and then get there..we will have to ecourage each other...this sounds like another excuse but I'm having a problem with my ears so am waiting a day or so...hope your headache is better soon
0 Kudos
carlie

Hey...Why don't you just wait till Friday...Friday's are always good !!!

No, Sunday would be better....after the weekend pig-outs.....

HaHaHaHaHaHaHa !!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
angeleyes

those are very good advice
so my goal are to lose 20 pounds
stay smoke free
eat more vegs and fruit i dont do that well

let get going my friends
0 Kudos
debbie-s.

Hi Donna!

I don't think it's stupid. I feel the same way. I will weigh myself this morning and again next Friday, and post my results as well.

I will join you on this. I found that when I don't eat I put weight on. Your body goes into a starvation mode and saves all the fat it can to survive.

If you eat 5 small meals a day before 7 at night, you will see a drop in weight. Of course they have to be healthy meals. Broil, bake, grill and steam food. I also buy celery and carrots and clean them right away, cut them into snack size pieces and put in water in the rifrigerator so its quick to grab. Its always nice to keep some fruit on hand for the sweets that you desire along with sugar free puddings, ice cream, and jello.

I hope this helps!
Debbie
0 Kudos
angeleyes

GREEN FLAG
(Potentially Good for You)
Baked
Boiled
Broiled
Fat free
Fresh
Grilled