cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

heidi-k

Not a mother yet.....

I'm not quite a mother yet, but there is nothing I want more in the world. I want a family. I want to be a mother. I swear everyone around me is pregnant right now and it's driving me absolutely insane. But, I want to be able to support my children. I am young and I have plenty of time. I want to be more financially stable, and be healthier. I want to quit smoking so that when the blessed time comes, I can give my children a good home, both in my belly, and out. I hope I'm not kicked out of this group cause I'm technically not a mother.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
lori15

Hi,
My name is Lori and I smoked when I was pregnant with both of my children. I wanted to quit more than anything but just couldn't. I did cut down and I used those little plastic filters you put on the end of your cigarette. Anyway, Ive always felt that if I wasnt ready to quit while I was pregnant, I never would be ready. But by the grace of God and the support I get in here, I have 4 days under my belt. Just keep trying and read suggestions from other people. I was blessed with 2 healthy babies, large babies, but unfortunately my son developed ear problems and had to get tubes. I dont know if I'll ever forgive myself for putting him through that pain because I knew before I had him that smoking causes ear problems for infants. Anyway, keep trying so that when you do become pregnant you wont struggle so much. Im very proud of you for being so responsible in thinking about the future. It really doesnt matter at all to me that your not a mother yet. We are all trying to help each other stop smoking and thats what counts. Good Luck and God Bless.
0 Kudos