Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jen40

Darn

I already fell of the ban wagon, damn this is harder then I thought
0 Kudos
5 Replies
jacob4

Get up and go for it again! You just slipped up once, that's no reason not to completely give up on a healthier lifestyle. Maybe you should set another quit date and spend more time working on your triggers?
0 Kudos
fiveblessings

Jen, are you using any quit aids? Have you worked the ex plan? You have to want to quit more than anything, it has to be your focus for awhile....and I know how hard that is when life with kids keeps you busy. It just has to be something you want with your whole being. Go to the "Reasons Why I quit" group and read some of those posts. They are very strong and really can help you appreciate how very important it is. It certainly puts things in persepctive. I wish you all the best. Try coming here and posting BEFORE you give in to your crave. You may be surprised how helpful it is, and distracting to boot.
Remember: the craving for a cigarette will pass whether you smoke or not. I hope you will make the choice to NOT, for yourself and those beautiful kids.

Hang in!
0 Kudos
angelquit

Don't be so hard on yourself. We all go two steps back and two steps forward a few times before we finally quit. Take it easy on yourself. Pick yourselfup, dust yourself off and clean on board again. Keep It Up.
0 Kudos
melissa9

dust your self off and get back to it. You can do it.
0 Kudos
trish15

Don't feel bad Jen...I just signed up two nights ago and think that this is one of the hardest things I have tried to give up. Life is really stressful right now, so I am really trying to stay focused but it just seems impossible. I think with your help and the help of the others, I will be able to stay on track! I will say a prayer for you so that the temptation will fade away.
0 Kudos